Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free coach travel to Norwich (AND match tickets now also on sale)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just to clarify, I am not moaning at all about the gesture by the club, its excellent, my moan is it seems to be restricted to seagulls travel only which seems a little unfair to blues away for example.

Edited as I've now read the blurb.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't want to be seen as a moaner given the top gesture from the club, but the free coach travel is to/from the Amex only. Therefore arriving back at the Amex at somewhere between 2am and 3am is not brilliant if you don't live within walking distance of the Amex or will Dicks Bar be open for breakfast until the buses and trains start running their normal Saturday service

You can park your car at the Amex, so if you don't drink too much at Norwich, you should be fit to drive when you get back.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Don't want to be seen as a moaner given the top gesture from the club, but the free coach travel is to/from the Amex only. Therefore arriving back at the Amex at somewhere between 2am and 3am is not brilliant if you don't live within walking distance of the Amex or will Dicks Bar be open for breakfast until the buses and trains start running their normal Saturday service

That's not the impression I got from the initial report, nor from the reply I have received from Seagulls Travel when I emailed them and asked about stops on the way back for those that don't live in Brighton - Pease Pottage definitely a stop, for example. Full routes will apparently be listed on Thursday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's not the impression I got from the initial report, nor from the reply I have received from Seagulls Travel when I emailed them and asked about stops on the way back for those that don't live in Brighton - Pease Pottage definitely a stop, for example. Full routes will apparently be listed on Thursday.

Imaging with 50 or so coaches (?) there will be the usual range of stops (or possibly stating from further up the road).

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Imaging with 50 or so coaches (?) there will be the usual range of stops (or possibly stating from further up the road).

With 50 coaches, the odds of getting the one that is stuck in traffic or gets a flat tyre will be minimised!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yeh amazing !! we all love Sky TV messing up 6 away fixtures in a row just for tele - well done the Albion but a free coach and a pint of beer is hardly compensation to what I have had to pay out in extra trains / hotels etc because of SKY this season alone.

Oh well. I'm sure you'd be much happier following a really unsuccessful team that the TV companies aren't interested in.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Oh well. I'm sure you'd be much happier following a really unsuccessful team that the TV companies aren't interested in.
Unbelievable.
I'd rather play football games at 3pm yes. Understand we have attracted interest but to have nearly 20 games moved to unsociable hours is a little bit ridiculous surely? or are you quite happy just watching on tv

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Unbelievable.
I'd rather play football games at 3pm yes. Understand we have attracted interest but to have nearly 20 games moved to unsociable hours is a little bit ridiculous surely? or are you quite happy just watching on tv

No. I go to matches regularly and have done for 30 years plus. I just can't be doing with the constant whining.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Thanks that good to know

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Another thought, I wonder if those already booked on a coach, assuming they get a ticket, will therefore get their money back

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Albion season-ticket holders with 1150+ loyalty points will be able to purchase their tickets at seagullstickets.com from 9am
BLAST BLAST BLAST I'M ON 1147.
If I'd gone to that FA Cup game in January I'd be over.
So how many fans have 1150 or more points?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Norwich is a significantly better journey than it used to be since they did the A road leading there, but no way you will do it in 3 1/4 hrs on a Friday afternoon, especially given the extra traffic all now going at mostly the same time Friday instead of spread over Friday/Saturday morn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here