Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I see him more as an attacking midfielder than a winger, playing just behind a striker (baldock role). But yes unless we are selling players and he is the replacement. I hope not,
Me too but I cannot see Albion splashing out 8 million quid unless one of them is going.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
If the figure is correct, then £8m is a huge investment - my full glass head says wow, what a wonderful addition to the squad. But my empty glass head says such a large spend can only mean we're losing someone. And that would have to be Stephens or Knockaert. I really can't see Pritchard as a natural replacement for Stephens - different players and I think CH would be concerned about losing the combative edge from the midfield. Again, it's not a natural swap, but Knockaert would be a far more plausible target.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
I'm struggling to see why everyone thinks this means that someone is also going to be leaving, have we all forgot about the money bloom was prepared to pay go calleri? We didn't spend that money, so the money should still be there.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If this comes off its more a sign of 'intent' rather than a sign we are about to lose someone IMO.

Strap yourselves in and hold tight.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We had an 7-8m outlay last summer alone, and a further c4-5m in january.

This covered alot of players, but we don't need alot of players this time around, so I don't see this as an unrealistic addition rather than replacement as some are speculating.

For me, this strikes off both a midfielder and striker from the list of 3 that was needed, as he can play along the midfield line or behind a striker.

8m + whatever is needed for a greer replacement and we're set. Exciting times.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm struggling to see why everyone thinks this means that someone is also going to be leaving, have we all forgot about the money bloom was prepared to pay go calleri? We didn't spend that money, so the money should still be there.

Absolutely correct...

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Personally I believe this is is either in place of the striker we need or we are cashing in on stephens with a years contract left. Fingers crossed it's the former

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why not? Must mean, if true, that either Stephens or Knockaert are off. Perhaps both.

Err no.
If signed on a five-year deal, that would equate to a manageable £1.6million per year on the P&L. And that's assuming the £8 million would be up front, which it wouldn't.
Probably looking at around £1 million a year in fees. Don't need to sell anyone.

However, I've no knowledge of whether this is true or not.

Or, to put it another way: LESS than the loan fee we're paying for Murray!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This doesn't mean anyone is off. We can't rely on 2/3 midfielders for the whole season again. We need 2 quality players in each position. JFC gone, Ince off too and this is a suitable replacement to properly challenge Stephens & Kayal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do we only scout wingers? Or is Knockie on his way?

We could put out a team including Lua Lua, March, Murphy, Skalak, Knockaert, Bjordal and now Pritchard with Elvis, Balders, Harper and Towell as support on the bench. Just need a keeper, a centre back, a centre forward to add a spine!
Pritchard isn't really a winger, more a central attacking midfielder.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I don t think he is a replacement for anyone. I think he a play CH wants and he is likely to be a good investment no matter what. He plays well he will either assist in getting us promoted or his value will rise and we sell at a big profit. If it is done over instalments as well even if e does match expectations he will have a resale value and we recoup what we can. TB has said there is big money for a striker. Maybe CH sees this as a better alternative both long and short term.
He also kills 2 birds with 1 stone. He can play off the striker, out wide or a little deeper is needed.
The thought of
AK, DS, BK, JS
AP
TH
As a front 6 will cause problems for everyone in this league. That's without Murphy, LuaLua, March, Sidwell, Ince, Murray and Baldock playing.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't really see this deal happening.

A lot of clubs interested including Swansea. Would suspect that agent has leaked this to drum up more interest / push the price up.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here