Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

I posted much earlier in this thread about my amazement at why some people are so obsessed with other people's sex lives. This article exemplifies such an obsession.

I just do not understand the level of mistrust and what seems hatred of other individuals based purely upon their sex life (obviously excluding any criminal acts).
I am just wondering - when you are introduced to someone is your first thought "I wonder how and with whom they have sex?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Aaaaahhh, so you only have a problem with it when the two men are homosexual? So, back to the original question, what has their sexuality got to do with whether they are more or less suitable to bring up a child than in the example you describe above?

No, I have explained to you that men have always adopted or taken under their wing. You are the one adding homosexual in this not me.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Where did I say it wasn't natural for two men to bring up children? You can apply the following to the animal kingdom. Normally with a group of intelligent animals if parents die they are adopted by the group and if you only have elder brothers or uncles they would take on the responsibility. So it is clear that men can and do bring up children historically in our evolution..

Sorry I assumed, that as you said:

"the need for a mother & father doesn't arise from nature then"

You also thought it wasn't right for two people of the same sex to bring up a child. I misunderstood.

Just to be clear though, as I may have misunderstood again, you do think it OK for two gay men to adopt, or conceive with the aid of a surrogate mother, and raise the child?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
No, I have explained to you that men have always adopted or taken under their wing. You are the one adding homosexual in this not me.

My apologies, I misread one of your previous posts where I thought you suggested that same sex-couples adopting was not a good thing, but you were surmising.

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
Feel free to point us all to the evidence of this utterly ridiculous claim - http://www.fireservice.co.uk/recruitment/

I dont need to justify myself to anyone. Nice link by the way. Thats a link to the recruitment process not actual vacancies. Each local fire service runs its own website for vacancies and as vacancies are rarely available i cant give you a link. But suffice to say when i left the Royal Navy i went to apply to london and east sussex for the websites to state that hetrosexual white males need not apply. Couldnt care less if you believe it or not but i have no need to lie about it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I dont need to justify myself to anyone. Nice link by the way. Thats a link to the recruitment process not actual vacancies. Each local fire service runs its own website for vacancies and as vacancies are rarely available i cant give you a link. But suffice to say when i left the Royal Navy i went to apply to london and east sussex for the websites to state that hetrosexual white males need not apply. Couldnt care less if you believe it or not but i have no need to lie about it.

I know you don't care if I believe you or not but what you describe is illegal and I struggle to believe public bodies would ever advertise vacancies in that way.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Nothing to fear if you are a believer.

So either:
A) you are just winding everyone one up for a jolly laugh - if so you are not that funny

or

B) this is your sincere thought. If this is the case then WOW - do you not see how utterly this sought of thinking is based purely upon human traits such as fear, coercion and power.

Religion is just a human construct and I fear you have been duped (please note I am not denying the existence of a higher being/force as quite frankly I haven't got a clue)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
19 thumbs up for the OP
regards
DR

Among 24,512 members in NSC = 0.07%
Or even 1,314 that are currently on line = 1.45%

Mercifully, your bigoted, homophobic and divisive views are in the extreme minority - but then we already knew that.

Hopefully, one day soon you will crawl back into the hole you spewed out of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here