Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adding a STH

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested in post #15 (114 posts ago), and also mentioned in posts #37 and #65.

Do you actually bother reading any of the replies in a thread you start? :shrug:

Non of those posts give the same specific information as post 128 does.

As regards e mails I am wrong I know, but I look at the title and if it doesnt affect me, which waiting lists wouldnt have in the past as I have a ST, I cannot be bothered with spin to get me to spend more money, which I dont want to do, so I delete them.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A friend of a friend bought a season ticket halfway through last season (reduced price, 'just in case').

He has recently decided that his 6 kids - well 3 are his, 3 are from his new partner - should also start to go to games.

Anyone think that he should get be able to get an extra 6 season tickets for them? :ffsparr:

Most definitely. I think maybe those who have held season tickets for longest should be forced to give them up to allow this flood of worthy queue jumpers their chance. It may even level out the loyalty point playing field.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] - let’s flip this scenario on its head. Let’s say you or a family member had patiently waited on the ST list until it was your turn, only to then find out that you weren’t getting one because the child of an existing STH was skipping ahead of you in the queue. Genuinely, how would you feel?

Without being too cruel, what is so special about your family that gives you the right to be annoyed that you can’t skip ahead of several thousand other fans on the list?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suppose that is all part of us becoming a number to the club rather than a valued customer.
Rubbish, what about others who joined the waiting list ages ago? It wouldn't be fair to them to say they'll never get a ticket because other people have family members who already have a ticket so they're essentially locked out. It's first come first served, perfectly fair.

Of course that means young kids can't get a ticket now, but that's the reality of being over subscribed.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I know a fan who went to all the Preistfield games, all the Withdean games and now can't get a ticket for the Amex now we're in the Prem, and yet I also know a Liverpool fan who had a season ticket whilst we were under Oscar Garcia, who stopped watching us because it was boring for him, but yet, at the end of last season got himself back a season ticket with us and is now watching the Albion living the dream.

Why didn't the club keep a record of the fans who were watching us at the Withdean and keeping this club alive? Why are all loyalty points only revolving around the Amex's history when it was the Withdean days which helped us get there plus the tickets weren't cheap considering we had to sometimes sit in the rain watching crap football?

A big shame really and goes to show that loyalty means nothing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not complaining about a waiting list just asking what the procedure was and somebody suggested there should be a general waiting list and another one solely for ST to add their children to take into the family stand which your general 20 year old couldnt use anyway without a child and I agreed. As regards being a number the last time or person who addressed me by my name was when Paul was the ticket office manager now we have moved on and unless it is a personal friend none of the staff would know 1 individual from another. I fully accept that it was inevitable but in some respects it is sad that the club has lost its personal touch. As I have said whatever the rules are my son will abide by them and let the ST take its course.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I am not complaining about a waiting list just asking what the procedure was and somebody suggested there should be a general waiting list and another one solely for ST to add their children to take into the family stand which your general 20 year old couldnt use anyway without a child and I agreed.

You really don’t read other people’s replies. You started the thread about bypassing the system and it was you who suggested that children of STH should be at the front of the queue. Here is a thought why don’t you give up your ST for the younger generation.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know a fan who went to all the Preistfield games, all the Withdean games and now can't get a ticket for the Amex now we're in the Prem, and yet I also know a Liverpool fan who had a season ticket whilst we were under Oscar Garcia, who stopped watching us because it was boring for him, but yet, at the end of last season got himself back a season ticket with us and is now watching the Albion living the dream.

Why didn't the club keep a record of the fans who were watching us at the Withdean and keeping this club alive? Why are all loyalty points only revolving around the Amex's history when it was the Withdean days which helped us get there plus the tickets weren't cheap considering we had to sometimes sit in the rain watching crap football?

The club gave priority to Withdean season ticket holders to choose their new seats at Falmer. Your friend (the Albion fan) could have bought a season ticket last season just like your friend the Liverpool fan. He chose not to. Now we are in the Premier League he has changed his mind. The club can't be expected to analyze every personal situation. It was up to all Albion fans who wanted to watch this season to make sure they had one last season. As someone else has mentioned, the signs were there when we missed out on goal difference to Boro and if people didn't believe then they can't expect much sympathy.
On a separate note, why can't he get a ticket for the Amex ? Joining the membership scheme and going to the Stoke game will help build the necessary points.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

That old chestnut. Your 'friend'' is now reaping the rewards of his (or her) lack of loyalty when we moved to the Amex!!! Oh wait, don't tell me, their circumstances changed and they couldn't go but, miraculously and coincidentally, since we are now in the premier league he (or she) is now able to go!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps the club could actively move the families out of the Family stand when the youngest is too old, then offer those seats to the next family on the waiting list, that would be fair for everybody...

...oh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm no computing expert, but are you seriously expecting a huge amount of data from 1997 to have been kept on every single fan for every game they went to? If your friend went to all the Preistfield and all the Withdean games, why on earth did they stop going? The club spent a huge amount expanding the Amex capacity from the original 22k to 30k and were desperate to get more ST holders in, with various offers etc. over the previous seasons. What were they supposed to do, not attract new supporters just because when we made it to the Premier League we need to reserve some STs for some old Preistfield and Withdean ST holders who hadn't bothered with the Amex, but now suddenly want a ticket? STs were available most of last season including half STs leading up to Christmas – anyone who fancied one could have got one, just without the guarantee of Premier League football.

Loyalty works both ways I reckon. The club know that the majority of the Preistfield/Withdean supporters were on board at the start of the Amex, and in the previous 5 seasons, anyone that wanted to, could get back on board. Don't understand that now we're in the Premier League, someone who hasn't bothered for 6 years suddenly is expected to be welcomed back like a returning hero. How long exactly is this loyalty of attending at Preistfield supposed to last, 25, 50 years? I'm surprised not to see these supporters with special lanyards driven around the stadium in golf buggies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That old chestnut. Your 'friend'' is now reaping the rewards of his (or her) lack of loyalty when we moved to the Amex!!! Oh wait, don't tell me, their circumstances changed and they couldn't go but, miraculously and coincidentally, since we are now in the premier league he (or she) is now able to go!!!

Why did I write 2 long paragraphs when quite clearly a succinct sentence does the job just as well!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Reading BG posts like..
7ccacf943e8884c54e6903564ec4265c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Had this situation a few years ago when my daughter wanted to come to the football. Of course at that time no waiting list so easily accommodated. She gave up her season ticket last year as she is now at uni. When she's home I buy her a ticket for the games. She is a keen supporter many years at Amex, watched games at Withdean.
I would not expect her to jump a queue over people who have been patiently waiting. It's a market dictated by supply and demand, and there must be many more people in a similar situation with children wanting to go. Not sure what example it sets to children if you can bend rules and get people queue jumping. It seems the fairest solution, 'wait until it's your turn'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here