Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Less Hectic Not Busy

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stephens scored the only goal at Wigan i believe in our win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yeah we're definitely talking around similar ideals, but as with the others your last line makes me wonder.
What you're talking about don't appear to be CH's strongest attributes.

Well, at least we're here to see how Chris and the team (and the fans) cope with a 2nd season in the Premier League.

I'd hope the Chris will show the doubters that he is in fact a tactical genius, and able to make impactive changes given the right players to deliver it. (as in a few additions and improvements to the squad)
[Edit: This sounds a bit critical for Chris - it's not meant to be - I feel he's done amazingly]
Paul Winstanley and his team continue to lead the way in delivering quality and value for money in the transfer market.
The players will continue to grow and develop in the Premier League and we can hit the ground running in August, confident that we belong...
And the fans remain patient and don't lose interest because we're not challenging for Europe (yet).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, at least we're here to see how Chris and the team (and the fans) cope with a 2nd season in the Premier League.

I'd hope the Chris will show the doubters that he is in fact a tactical genius, and able to make impactive changes given the right players to deliver it. (as in a few additions and improvements to the squad)
Paul Winstanley and his team continue to leas the way in delivering quality and value for money in the transfer market.
The players will continue to grow and develop in the Premier League and we can hit the ground running in August, confident that we belong...
And the fans remain patient and don't lose interest because we're not challenging for Europe (yet).

Good god man, what is wrong with you this morning?

I suggest for the rest of your posts, before clicking send, remove each of the last sentences. :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good god man, what is wrong with you this morning?

I suggest for the rest of your posts, before clicking send, remove each of the last sentences. :lolol:

Just making sure we ALL understand our role in making next season a success.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As things stand we need to replace :

Huenemeier
Izzy Brown

I expect that within the next week we can add to the list :

Rosenior
Sidwell

Uncertain :

Krul
Maenpaa

After that the prime candidates for 'sell and replace' are :

Hemed
Skalak
Baldock

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As things stand we need to replace :

Huenemeier
Izzy Brown

I expect that within the next week we can add to the list :

Rosenior
Sidwell

Uncertain :

Krul
Maenpaa

After that the prime candidates for 'sell and replace' are :

Hemed
Skalak
Baldock

I fear that you could be in for a summer of disappointment. There is absolutely no way we will be replacing 9 players imo. If we do I will be very happy but I certainly don’t expect to go above 5 as an absolute max.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I fear that you could be in for a summer of disappointment. There is absolutely no way we will be replacing 9 players imo. If we do I will be very happy but I certainly don’t expect to go above 5 as an absolute max.

7 players really as two are sub keepers

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I expect Krul and Maenpaa to be here next season - but that is not confirmed yet, which means 7 replacements.

I sort of expect Skalak to be replaced by Bjordal as 4th winger, which takes it then down to 6.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hardly surprising you picked the number 5, as Blue Valkyrie included 4 imaginary players in his 9. :lol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
7 players really as two are sub keepers

No guarantee either will want to stay, in which case we will still have to replace them, unless we bring Walton back as back up keeper, then we’ll just have to replace one.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I wonder how many of our goals have come as a result of Propper or Stephens recycling the ball in the middle and moving it forward quickly to the wingers or Gross? I'd imagine more than they get credit for, but people seem to be blinded by the goals and assist stats.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You say that, but most of that list are categoric movings on.

Uwe is gone, Brown is gone, Rosenior has played 1 game the whole season and Sidwell has been out for all of it so it's a struggle to see both of them getting contracts.

Hemed wants to play, even if the club wants to keep him the player will want to move. You can probably say the same about Baldock/Skalak who will probably be loaned.

These voids will need to be filled.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Key here is QUALITY. Imagine we will get in 4-5 quality PL players that will obviously cost Big money, however it will raise bar of entire squad..

I think they'll be more because we'll lose a couple of players that we didn't plan to...

We'll get some offers for players that will be very difficult for TB to turn down, however much he might want to... thinking of Dunk in particular.

I imagine no more than 2-3 existing PL players coming to us, the rest of our inbound players being relative unknowns from abroad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
War rocket Ajax are rumoured to be in for attacking midfielder Rodolfo Pizarro.

Here's a god awful montage of his abilities:-

2 questions:-

1 - How many times have you seen Stephens or Propper take up similar positions?
&
B - Would it be fair to say you actually want a player to replace Gross?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Uwe is gone, Brown is gone, Rosenior has played 1 game the whole season and Sidwell has been out for all of it so it's a struggle to see both of them getting contracts.

Hemed wants to play, even if the club wants to keep him the player will want to move. You can probably say the same about Baldock/Skalak who will probably be loaned.

True but I doubt that some of the voids will be filled by top quality expensive players, maybe back up players from the Championship rather than top dollar players. I can see us bringing in a few back up players maybe loanees but not too many big name players. We will not be signing as many of those this window I don’t think and those are the players, that we the fans, would like to see. We do have the spine of a Premier League team now, which we didn’t have when we got promoted.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
What I would like to see is-

Goalkeeper- Stay the same if new deals are agreed, Walton back out on loan. Replacement for 2nd/3rd choice if required.

Centre Back- Replacement for BFG, rest to stay the same. I want Goldson to play more games and get a good loan but replacing 2 CB's is too much change. 1 Signing

Full Back- Perhaps controversial but this is where I want the biggest improvement as all have question marks over certain aspects of their game. Bruno despite his last few excellent performances is obviously getting on, Schelotto defensively, Bong going forward and Suttner not excelling at either part. I would try and bring in two 1st choice full backs and move on either one of Schelotto or Suttner leaving Bruno to fill the Rosenior role of being able to cover both positions as 2nd/3rd choice. (If Rosenior isn't retained) 2 signings (I think we will only see 1 happen)

Centre Mid / Attacking Mid- Competition for Stephens, Delaney perhaps. Competition for Propper/Gross, Powell? Along with Kayal that would be 6 players fighting out for 3 spots. 2 signings

Wingers- Left wing covered with Izquierdo / Locadia and March, right winger coming in to really push Knockaert & March. 1 Signing

Up top- Hemed, Baldock I think will go. 1 big signing to push Murray/Locadia. U23 as 4th choice. 1 signing

I make that 3 goalkeepers, 9 defenders, 6 midfielders, 4 wingers (as Locadia fulls under striker) and 3 strikers. 25 man squad complete. Challenge is to get enough homegrown players in.

7 signings, 3/4 to be first choice the others pushing. As mentioned I can't see us signing 2 new full backs so that would make it 6 plus anyone that needs replacing should we get an offer we cant turn down.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Covered most bases well there. Key being replacing the Home grown aspects appropriately for the squad. Also, every window gives us a chance to become a more established PL side. last summer was about numbers, then Xmas was about strikers. This window is all about upgrades of the squad in key areas and using opportunities made available due to end of contracts/age/ and lack of involvement.

Looks obvious that a striker (Andone) and a CM (Delaney) appear to be on the list. Add to that a winger and a Centre back and that will probably be about it... Unless we also go back for Powell from wigan as a Izzy Brown replacement which was mentioned in Jan as a possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here