Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City game NOT on SKY

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Surely there is a difference between discussing illegal streaming and partaking or instructing how to do it, in the same way that many activities that are illegal are discussed on here.

Clutching at straws here. Illegal means illegal. Those discussing it need to just cut it out as been told multiple times now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely there is a difference between discussing illegal streaming and partaking or instructing how to do it, in the same way that many activities that are illegal are discussed on here.

I'm only telling you what happened yesterday:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with the partnership at this point, as you have some content that is considered illegal (streaming from channels that you don't have the copyright for) - example: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?363828-Man-City-game-NOT-on-SKY"

You can pretend "we're not talking about it" but people aren't stupid.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
What's bizarre ? You said if people talk about IPTV it will disappear. IPTV is all over youtube, and the internet. Talking about it here will not contribute towards the end of it.

IPTV is a broad spectrum, I mentioned iptv by method of receiving the channels . I doubt you’d be watching the match on you tube! You know the subject matter here...being kodi, pay service iptv servers and websites covered in ads that allow illegal viewing of sky or foreign channels and being boasted about by posters on a public forum. I just don’t think it’s a good idea.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

"Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with the partnership at this point, as you have some content that is considered illegal (streaming from channels that you don't have the copyright for) - example: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?363828-Man-City-game-NOT-on-SKY"

I understand and never disbelieved you.

However, where is the line drawn on any subject about discussing an illegal activity (not encouraging or instructing). Could we discuss a news report about someone caught growing marijuana purely as an example, that's clearly an illegal activity.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

However, where is the line drawn on any subject about discussing an illegal activity (not encouraging or instructing). Could we discuss a news report about someone caught growing marijuana purely as an example, that's clearly an illegal activity.

It's impossible to put black and white rules around this stuff, and I'm not precious about it (unlike many other things, obvs).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think there are just a few *sensitive* subjects - illegal streaming, ticket touting, unreported court proceedings / speculation etc. - that we need to be very careful about

Clearly there are more heinous crimes which can still be discussed ( without libelling anyone ), but that's just the way it is.

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Clutching at straws here. Illegal means illegal. Those discussing it need to just cut it out as been told multiple times now.

It is not illegal to discuss illegal activities. It is illegal to conduct, participate in, promote or instruct on how to perform illegal activities. I am sure you have discussed crime before now.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
I think there are just a few *sensitive* subjects - illegal streaming, ticket touting, unreported court proceedings / speculation etc. - that we need to be very careful about

Clearly there are more heinous crimes which can still be discussed ( without libelling anyone ), but that's just the way it is.

Your implication, nay statement, is that we can discuss heinous crimes, but not 'sensitive crimes'. Why can't we DISCUSS ticket touting, it's dreadful and should be exposed, this cannot be done without discussing it.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I’ll repeat for you....

Of course they know, but it doesn’t help that there are constantly posts on here about it, it’s one thing for websites to offer these services or kodi for example.. another thing for some to boast on here about how they are gonna watch the game from illegitimate sources.
That’s how card sharing got shut down. Too many people using it and boasting about it! The best thing about a good thing is to keep it to yourself!
If u don’t understand that [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] [MENTION=1557]maffew[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] and many others all over other social media, then you won’t be watching those streams for much longer. Whatever you want guys. CCcam and Mgcamd are gone. The same will happen with iptv if it’s constantly discussed on public social media.

MgCamd is still working fine.....I use it every day on my Zgemma box.....

u talk crap...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’ll repeat for you....

Of course they know, but it doesn’t help that there are constantly posts on here about it, it’s one thing for websites to offer these services or kodi for example.. another thing for some to boast on here about how they are gonna watch the game from illegitimate sources.
That’s how card sharing got shut down. Too many people using it and boasting about it! The best thing about a good thing is to keep it to yourself!
If u don’t understand that [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] [MENTION=1557]maffew[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] and many others all over other social media, then you won’t be watching those streams for much longer. Whatever you want guys. CCcam and Mgcamd are gone. The same will happen with iptv if it’s constantly discussed on public social media.

Not sure why you are quoting me as I just pointed out that CPFC list all foreign channels showing their games on their website, which they do. Why they do it I’m not sure as I can’t believe they have a big overseas following.

I have no need to stream games as I go to them.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think there are just a few *sensitive* subjects - illegal streaming, ticket touting

So am I allowed to ask a 'touting' question ... purely hypothetical of course? For example if I were in Liverpool Sunday with no ticket and bought one from a tout what's the likelihood of it not working. I imagine very small but given I've never done it I was just curious :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I doubt they were ever very serious then. This is a football messageboard, everything and anything is discussed on here, and the day there is censorship based on what advertisers want is a sad day indeed

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
MgCamd is still working fine.....I use it every day on my Zgemma box.....

u talk crap...

YOU are talking utter crap, card pairing prevents this for all but a very few UK pay channels. They will eventually go too. If u know of a server service that has managed to get around card pairing then I suggest you share it and make yourself an awful lot of money. Card sharing may still work for foreign satellite channels if you have a dish pointed at a 13 east or Astra 19, but it won’t work for 28.2. The Italians blocked card sharing first and now sky Uk, it got too big and too fast with people boasting about it and the emergence of pay servers online. SKY shut it down.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Incidentally, why is it illegal to watch a stream? Is it illegal to watch television through a shop window?

If you’re watching Sky through a window of a shop you’re still watching Sky. The point is that Sky pay for exclusive rights to EPL tv coverage so watching a foreign tv channel over the net is therefore breaking the law.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
2 hours by train and a spot visit to our York office on Thursday morning. They will really be surprised to see the head of payroll that early and not on Friday. £57.5 plus game ticket.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If you’re watching Sky through a window of a shop you’re still watching Sky. The point is that Sky pay for exclusive rights to EPL tv coverage so watching a foreign tv channel over the net is therefore breaking the law.

Yeah, I can see why the streamer is breaking the law, but not the person watching it. I'm just accessing a service provided to me in the UK, presumably this company hasn't the rights to provide me with this service, so they're the ones Sky need to go after. If I'm breaking the T&C's of my ISP, thats a different issue, but it doesn't make the act of watching the stream illegal does it?

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Yeah, I can see why the streamer is breaking the law, but not the person watching it. I'm just accessing a service provided to me in the UK, presumably this company hasn't the rights to provide me with this service, so they're the ones Sky need to go after. If I'm breaking the T&C's of my ISP, thats a different issue, but it doesn't make the act of watching the stream illegal does it?

That used to be the law but was changed as part of general internet piracy clampdown so the person accessing the service is also breaking the law.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I've actually made it illegal to look at my avatar. Have you done it?

You owe me $5000. Bank transfer is fine. ;)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here