Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you live in Worthing?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Back to good old Brighton.
I know some will say it's the same story wherever you live, but all the years I've lived in Brighton I've never had any trouble, I moved back to worthing and it was hassle everywhere.
I know some people love it in Worthing and maybe I have a slightly biased view because of the morons I've met there and the bad memories that dump holds, but I wouldn't move back even if the house was free for life.

Says far more about you than the normal residents of Worthing. You must move in disgusting social circles. x

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Says far more about you than the normal residents of Worthing. You must move in disgusting social circles. x

If you say so.
Some people like to bury their heads and say everything is rosey, others look at the real world and say it as it is.
My life is, and always has been happier away from the cesspit called Worthing.
And thanks for the kiss sweetheart ��

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If you say so.
Some people like to bury their heads and say everything is rosey, others look at the real world and say it as it is.

My pleasure.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If you say so.

I presume you type this without a hint of irony? Let's be fair, Brighton has more than it's fair share of shitty areas and dickhead residents but also it's stupidly expensive.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Worthing has now got its own Parkrun, the Rebels were promoted, the rugby team is the best in the area, the sea-front has been tarted up, it's got a CAMRA award-winning micro-pub and alongside some of the newer stuff places like Macari's and some decent pubs co-exist; Tarring village is still a bit of a gem. There are still some dire parts of the town centre and the traffic problem is a shocker but generally it seems 'on the up'. Maybe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I moved away from Worthing a few weeks ago because its the biggest toilet in Sussex.
Everywhere stinks of weed, drunks in the street, robberies, stabbings, every scumbag seems to know every other scumbag, dog shit all over the place......happy to have moved away, shame I work there so I have to travel back there every day.

How are your sales of The Big Issue going ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do you have a favourite haunt or a pet hate? The Guardian are featuring Worthing in their weekly "Let's move to" series so if you do email lets.move@theguardian.com by next Tuesday.

Here's a previous article if you want a flavour of what the article is like https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/jul/22/lets-move-to-abingdon-oxfordshire-tom-dyckhoff

I don't live there but go often as I do a lot of work there.

The Crab-Shadk is one of mine and my family's favourite seafood restaurants. I won't go into detail, try it and find out for yourselves. It doesn't disappoint.

I suppose if I was to live there is choose somewhere around Little High Streer area. 10 mins from seafront, 5 from shops but very quiet and residential. and on one side of the road you've got Waitrose and on the other, Lidl.

It does seem to have a bit of a problem with street drinkers and there seems to be quite a lot of Muslims there, which rightly or wrongly would put me off moving to an area.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
I moved away from Worthing a few weeks ago because its the biggest toilet in Sussex.
Everywhere stinks of weed, drunks in the street, robberies, stabbings, every scumbag seems to know every other scumbag, dog shit all over the place......happy to have moved away, shame I work there so I have to travel back there every day.

Sounds more like Lancing

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I had to stop in Worthing for a dump on my way back from twatland (Pompey) last night.

It's amazing what you can hear when you're on a public lavatory. The inevitable apology for a train being late and a guy came in, went into the cubicle next to me, he must have heard my botty burps but still proceded to whack a line of coke up his nose with loud sniffing. He didn't hang about for long with the smell on his night out. :D

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I worked there for three years. Didn't like it much but the office was half full of people from Portsmouth and that may have coloured my view.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Back to good old Brighton.
I know some will say it's the same story wherever you live, but all the years I've lived in Brighton I've never had any trouble, I moved back to worthing and it was hassle everywhere.
I know some people love it in Worthing and maybe I have a slightly biased view because of the morons I've met there and the bad memories that dump holds, but I wouldn't move back even if the house was free for life.

Wow, been here 12 yrs not experienced anything as bad as that , yeah there are a few drunks that associate along seafront but dont tell me its any better in brighton or any other coastal town as for stabbing ,burglarys,robberies etc i would say a casual glance in the argus shows brighton holding its own on that front as well, still i guess you have your reasons i'm just going to put my tin hat on and go out on to the mean streets of beirut by the sea

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] sacrificed a lovely life in the west country for Worthing, so it must have something he liked.... I met my wife there 34 years ago, so it has a lot to answer for.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I worked in Worthing for 4 months in 1998. It was honestly one of the worst times of my life. I've only ever been through Worthing since, I've never actually gone back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is going well

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't live there but go often as I do a lot of work there.

The Crab-ShadKis one of mine and my family's favourite seafood restaurants. I won't go into detail, try it and find out for yourselves. It doesn't disappoint.

I suppose if I was to live there is choose somewhere around Little High StreeR area. 10 mins from seafront, 5 from shops but very quiet and residential. and on one side of the road you've got Waitrose and on the other, Lidl.

It does seem to have a bit of a problem with street drinkers and there seems to be quite a lot of Muslims there, which rightly or wrongly would put me off moving to an area.
Pulling people up on their spelling and grammar on another thread isn't very smart for someone like you.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here