Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Electronic Music Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Come on then, Electronic music fans. What new stuff are you listening to?

Gonna post a few of my recent discoveries when I get home. Some good stuff around atm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone I really got into at the end of last year was Helena Hauff and her Qualm album. Still listen to it a lot now. Gui Borrato, on the faultless Kompakt label, had a cracking album out last year as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The brilliant composer / remixer Max Cooper has got hold of locally based, classically trained pianist Poppy Ackroyd's stuff and produced this gem.

We can agree on something then :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013

Absolutly this.

Electro for a certain generation, means tracks such as this or Hip Hop Be Bop by Mann Parish, anything by Nucleus etc etc.
The blueprint for these was Kraftwerk and these I hold in the highest regard.
I am a lifelong devotee of this music and was involved in it in this country for a good many years and still have friends producing it, djing it etc.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutly this.

Electro for a certain generation, means tracks such as this or Hip Hop Be Bop by Mann Parish, anything by Nucleus etc etc.
I am a lifelong devotee of this music and was involved in it in this country for a good many years and still have friends producing it, djing it etc.

I associate that with body popping.

I bought this 12” in early clubbing days at Coasters, Brighton.

Then I this loved down nights at very different types of club, but less said about that the better on a macho football forum. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here