Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team loses 2-1 away from home and you go on the lash like you’ve won. Thoughts?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not saying any of our players did this ! But I’m of the mentally that if you lose you don’t go in to town and get leathered until 4am.
Lose- Stay in that night
Draw- drink down the local or a quiet restaurant
Win- Go on the piss

There's so many unknowns in this question - Are we talking about a Friday night game where they won't have gotten to a pub/club until probably close to 11pm or later, or is it a Sunday morning kick off, meaning they have been out drinking since lunchtime.

Is it near Christmas and thus doubling as a christmas party? Is it the last game of the season, so they have no need to maintain any sort of strict diet or behaviour?

When is their next game - do they have a mid week fixture four days later, or have they, say, an FA cup game in which they are most likely not going to play so won't be playing another game for 11 days so have plenty of time to recover?

But generally speaking, no. If our team loses I expect them to wallow in disappointment. I want that feeling of losing to weigh heavy on them and consume their every thought. I want the agonising, teasing thoughts of 'what if I'd just done this instead... would we have won?' to stop them from getting any sort of peaceful sleep. I want them to drive away friends and loved ones, as their anger and disappointment at the result drives them into misery. I want them to walk away from the game thinking they have let everyone down and they need to up their game, starting with the long distance run home, then throw themselves into extra training until they can't walk home so they know the true meaning of tired. They clearly didn't learn enough in regular training if they're just going to go and lose 2-1 like that. I want them to think everyone is laughing at them. I want them to suffer a version of the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon where they start noticing '2-1's and 'lose' everywhere they go until they start wondering if there is a conspiracy against them. I want them jumping at their own shadows, terrified of where the next 'loser' may appear. I want them to drive themselves into isolation as they don't just question themselves, they question their teammates. Who wasn't pulling their weight, who should have passed to them, who should have made that run, I want all of them feeling like the rest of the squad is out to get them. Don't trust anyone. So that they're all in the best possible place for the next game - improved fitness, desire to overcome all the odds, etc.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lol. I’ve read the book and he states he would never go out on the lash after losing a game !! When he was younger he did, at least tell the truth in your post.

He actually says "Sleeping after a night game is impossible without a beer, as there’s so much adrenaline. If we’ve lost, I’ll be mulling it over and won’t sleep until 4am."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...r-crouch-footballer-wife-doesnt-like-the-game

Ok, so if we lost at home to West Brom on Saturday and you see some of the players pissed up in town you’d just shrug it off ? If any of you had some balls you’d go and speak to them about it, but all you’d end up doing is getting a selfie :facepalm:

I've been in clubs with Ian Chapman and Stuart Tuck back in the day after we'd lost and that was when we were properly shit. No selfies in those days and was too busy having a laugh to care either way :shrug:

Beyond that grown men can do what they want at the weekend and I assume there's some sort of fine / discipline system for those caught out, You, on the other hand, are probably about half an unsubstantiated allegation away from not being able to do what you want on here. Again.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Up to about 10 years ago you would see loads of footballers out after a match especially after midweek matches in Mayfair , Soho etc

With the advent of camera phones and incessant salacious tabloid media footballer sightings are rarer.

But that doesn't stop some players even after a loss. I've seen more Brighton players out drinking during the season than many other club players (but that might be because I recognise them better!). English players are still the biggest culprits it's just engrained in our being.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You, on the other hand, are probably about half an unsubstantiated allegation away from not being able to do what you want on here. Again.

Go on. You know it makes sense. I shake my head sadly at the bold and valiant attempt by numerous sound individuals to attempt to engage sensibly with this tomfoolery. Lad needs to go away and sort himself out. All that punching in the face stuff a while ago. Seriously. :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

He may have GOD like status in my eyes but football has changed, his regime would not have lasted ten minutes in today's game. He also may have lived his short life to the full but excess was also the sad demise of an iconic footballer.

Rumour has it you would have been a half decent footballer if you hadn't spent your life on the Guinness. :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing boils my piss more than people going out for a drink after work.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
He actually says "Sleeping after a night game is impossible without a beer, as there’s so much adrenaline. If we’ve lost, I’ll be mulling it over and won’t sleep until 4am."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...r-crouch-footballer-wife-doesnt-like-the-game

I've been in clubs with Ian Chapman and Stuart Tuck back in the day after we'd lost and that was when we were properly shit. No selfies in those days and was too busy having a laugh to care either way :shrug:

Beyond that grown men can do what they want at the weekend and I assume there's some sort of fine / discipline system for those caught out, You, on the other hand, are probably about half an unsubstantiated allegation away from not being able to do what you want on here. Again.

I actually had the pictures sent to me. One of them didn’t want to be photod, bad for his England career I suppose. You want me thrown off this site for being annoyed brighton players went on the piss to celebrate a loss ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
10am-7pm & 10pm-7am now IIRC :(

Volks was certainly open till 7am the other Saturday / Sunday. My morning run took me past there at about 6.50 am. Drum n Bass still going full on and geezers with eyes on stalks piling out. One of them wished me a lovely Sunday before heading alarmingly towards the sea.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Volks was certainly open till 7am the other Saturday / Sunday. My morning run took me past there at about 6.50 am. Drum n Bass still going full on and geezers with eyes on stalks piling out. One of them wished me a lovely Sunday before heading alarmingly towards the sea.

You sound a right laugh :yawn:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You sound a right laugh :yawn:

It's all a cover. On the way home I lamped somone for wishing me happy new year, then I stuffed a dead dog in to Old Mary's bin. Added to which you were the one who started off complaining about people clubbing till the small hours.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
It's all a cover. On the way home I lamped somone for wishing me happy new year, then I stuffed a dead dog in to Old Mary's bin. Added to which you were the one who started off complaining about people clubbing till the small hours.

It’s weird having a stalker !

“Complaining about people clubbing” ? Can you take that a bit more out of context ?

If a drip like you had started the thread you’d have got a positive response as you are a 6.30 Sunday morning running Yes man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here