Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Every likelihood Percy Tau will be in our squad next season, it will be interesting if this lad stays here or replaces Tau in Belgium.

Or they both play ?

I guess Tau needs to sort his work permit first.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It will be interesting if this lad stays here or replaces Tau in Belgium.

I think it's safe to say that the Belgium league is a big step down from the Argentinian Superliga.

Our man inspired his lesser Juniors to a 2-0 win over current champions and Copa Libertadores finalists Boca with a goal and an assist last season. I can't see him happy at swapping that for rainy days in Belgium.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
club wont confirm until the ink is dry on the paper ... still just news from South America at the moment but if the player says its a done deal & having medical you can be fairly sure it should cross the line ... hopefully just a case of dotting the I's and crossing the T's
Hope nobody's told Norwich.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's safe to say that the Belgium league is a big step down from the Argentinian Superliga.

Our man inspired his lesser Juniors to a 2-0 win over current champions and Copa Libertadores finalists Boca with a goal and an assist last season. I can't see him happy at swapping that for rainy days in Belgium.
Our little Percy wasn't expecting that either, was he?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Great signature. How long did it take you to come up with something so genius ?

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
club wont confirm until the ink is dry on the paper ... still just news from South America at the moment but if the player says its a done deal & having medical you can be fairly sure it should cross the line ... hopefully just a case of dotting the I's and crossing the T's

After the events of last summer, I really don't blame them. Don't forget we pulled out of two transfers because players failed the medical. Would be reckless for them to make the announcement at this stage.

Really excited about this signing, but I do wish that our new recruits wouldn't come to us proclaiming their desire to play for some other club - it's just bad form.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very exciting signing. Supposed to be a better version of Papu Gomez at Atalanta who is very highly rated.

As long as he settles in ok should be a bargain.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Tim Vickery on the radio this morning said he is a very good player,questioned whether he needs to work on the physical side of his game to play in the premier.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Tim Vickery on the radio this morning said he is a very good player,questioned whether he needs to work on the physical side of his game to play in the premier.

Isn't that pretty much a standard comment when players come from overseas leagues to the premier league?

rogeraaaj

Jan 10, 2019
Are you a relation to him ?

No, I'm just an Argentinos Juniors fan! Apparently he will do the medical test and sign his contract here (in Argentina) because next Monday we have the first match of the year and there is no time to travel to England

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just stumbled upon this little snippet about Ally Mac:

Alexis Mac Allister, 19, Argentinos Juniors. Attacking midfield. First noticed among stat guys as far as I can tell by Ashwin Raman back in August. There are *three* brothers Mac Allister playing for Argentinos Juniors: Francis, Kevin, and Alexis in descending order of age and ascending order in talent. The story you’d get is a pretty good reason to sign all three, but Alexis is the one that has the shot to be a star. I saw a profile saying Mac Allister was kind of a Toni Kroos type, but that’s not how he’s playing at all really. There’s nothing he’s not doing well right now, but he’s not really a pure zone-mover like Kroos. He’s a serious threat to get ball to the danger zone and shoot or create. His shot selection has improved this year: 1.7 in-box shots is scary, while his key passes have skyrocketed up to 3.4 from an already good 2. He’s a big goal threat.

allt mac.png (
  • DC Volume is deep completions per 90, turned to a percentile.
  • DC efficiency is simply completion% on deep attempts.
  • shot product is how often a shot happens within 15 seconds of a touch
  • passer rating is completions above expected
  • shot hunter is how often he turns his deep receptions into shots
  • key zone progression is how good he is at moving ball forward compared to how often he loses it in the zones where he pops up most often.)

https://saturdaysoncouch.wordpress....outh-america-building-a-shortlist-of-players/

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So is that suggesting every time he gets the ball from deep he shoots? Seems...wasteful.

Indeed he seems a bit trigger happy generally looking at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here