Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Press coverage/"Big 6" bias - new low?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If you can find a single reference to Brighton in this match report from The Times today (apart from the score), you're a better man/woman than me.

staggered.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
#undertheradar :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Text is too small for me but any mention of Rashford's malicious and unnecessary foul on Montoya in that?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Plus Wolves and Palace/Zaha always seem to get loads of favourable press.

Pundits and writers still banging on this weekend about “what an amazing job Nuno has done”. They’re FFP cheats in bed with a super agent, who’s delivered a very long list of top players from across Europe.

I’m not wound up by the lack of coverage for Brighton. Let’s be honest, we don’t play a brand of eye catching football, of wave after wave of attacks. I’m very happy with the progress of the club and look forward to all the winnable games that lie ahead. Our football happiness is not determined by getting attention from hacks, Lineker and pundits.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
In the Times the day before they’d shockingly ignored Man U in this piece
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...on-backs-glenn-murray-to-hit-target-0j9zh7dz7

Brighton get an astonishing amount of coverage (considering) - they’re 13th in the Prem , have won 7 games all season, have 1 England player, aren’t likely to be relegated or get into Europe and aren’t newly promoted. (Ie: out of the 20 teams they just aren’t that newsy).

Profiles, features in the broadsheets, interviews on Sky, football focus, prem league show, etc etc. There’s loads of em but yep not as many as the top 6 . Well blimey.

Always seems a bit odd to wonder why Man U etc get more or that the papers or MOTD for instance only started doing this type of coverage the other day. They didn’t.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...on-backs-glenn-murray-to-hit-target-0j9zh7dz7

Brighton get an astonishing amount of coverage (considering) - they’re 13th in the Prem , have won 7 games all season, have 1 England player, aren’t likely to be relegated or get into Europe and aren’t newly promoted. (Ie: out of the 20 teams they just aren’t that newsy).

Profiles, features in the broadsheets, interviews on Sky, football focus, prem league show, etc etc. There’s loads of em but yep not as many as the top 6 . Well blimey.

Always seems a bit odd to wonder why Man U etc get more or that the papers or MOTD for instance only started doing this type of coverage the other day. They didn’t.

The actual word Brighton doesn't appear once. Surely even you can see that that is a bit incredible?

I respect your pov and positivity, but this is staggering.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It has the score at the start and the player ratings at the end. That is their match report.

Yes. But it’s in Monday’s paper and the papers, the sensible ones at least acknowledged that that by then the minute by minute stuff is best left to online/twitter etc. So they just do analysis instead , in this case Rashford under OGS.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

* we're

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Monday match reports are always an 'angle' on the game. I read one from the sun in the Sandwich shop today that was solskjaer this, Rashford that with little reference to Brighton.I expected little else.

Sky, however, describing Davys assist as 'a hopeful ball into the box' is really taking the piss.

[Tweet]1087260410959577089[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sky, however, describing Davys assist as 'a hopeful ball into the box' is really taking the piss.
Was I just hiding behind the sofa last year, praying we stayed up, or was the level of reporting just as shit then? I can't fathom how MOTD can be such poor quality, and Sky seems to be heading the same way.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
'Big 6' stories sell papers , far more Utd fans around than Seagull fans and in the end its results that matter , had Utd been top of the table 5 points clear of City do you think Moanio would have been sacked ?

sadly money , or in this case sales=money , counts and Utd will earn the media more money than Albion can.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Monday match reports are always an 'angle' on the game. I read one from the sun in the Sandwich shop today that was solskjaer this, Rashford that with little reference to Brighton.I expected little else.

[Tweet]1087260410959577089[/tweet]

Yes, well Brett isn't much better letting the scousers take over his pub last week so that his Albion regulars couldn't even get in let along get a pint! [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION] - taking the big 6 coin...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here