Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One of our own?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The chant is - "he's one of our own". It is not - "he is the one andone", which would be sung to the music of Chesney Hawkes.

The song is about a specific person and "he's one of our own" is implying he is one of many, not the singular.

What's Florin got to do with it :shrug:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Note the "Maty Ryan is a blue, he hates Palace" song. Does he hate Palace? I'm not certain we've not made that decision for him.

Say what? Maty Ryan is a Birmingham fan?

You have fairly impressively got that one wrong, It's Maty Ryan Socceroo... But he does hate Palace. He also likes the song apparently.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
...... and just for the record Stevie Sidwell, no you can't.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Isn't it Maty Ryan, Socceroo?

Say what? Maty Ryan is a Birmingham fan?

You have fairly impressively got that one wrong, It's Maty Ryan Socceroo... But he does hate Palace. He also likes the song apparently.

I'm sorry the mumbling North Standers can't pronounce their words in a better manner. I have no doubt he enjoys a song being sung about him, as I don't doubt that Solly March likes his song. Knockaert certainly likes his and Bissouma couldn't be happier.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry the mumbling North Standers can't pronounce their words in a better manner. I have no doubt he enjoys a song being sung about him, as I don't doubt that Solly March likes his song. Knockaert certainly likes his and Bissouma couldn't be happier.

I'm in the north stand and Socceroo is very clear. Maybe your ears need testing?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They both have a song. What's the problem? :shrug:

Since when have football songs/chants been completely accurate, anyway?

I'm fairly certain that Knockaert is better than Ozil but unfortunately he don't "cost a mil" - it was double that.

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
I got my hearing tested a while back. Results weren't great. Didn't improve my overall mood. I can still clearly make out 'Socceroo' though in the Matty Ryan song from the West Stand, so all is not lost yet.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm fairly certain that Knockaert is better than Ozil but unfortunately he don't "cost a mil" - it was double that.

He's better than Brazil... the team, country and the TalkShite presenter.

He only cost a mil... two is then added in the song.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Now much as I love Lewis song he's one of our own, isn't the fact of the matter that we have two of our own?

For a number of reasons that I won't go into, I'm not a great fan of heathfield, but doesn't the fact remain that we have two of our own?

Or do the words not fit?

I think your maths on this are about as effective as your Brexit argument.

He's one of our own,
He's one of our own,
Lewis Dunk
He's one of our own.

So is Solly March.

But I don't think

He's one of our own, (so is Solly March)
He's one of our own, (so is Solly March)
Lewis Dunk
He's one of our own. (so is Solly March)

Doesn't quite fit. We could have a team of home grown players, but Lewis Dunk would still be one of our own.

Now if the song was,

He's the only one of our own,
He's the only one of our own
Lewis Dunk
He's the only one of our own

You may have a point.

Bloody hell, if you can't understand that, no wonder you spout so much jumbled crap and mis-truths over Brexit!

WTO here we come!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hailsham, Heathfield, they are only one step away from the inbred Pyromaniacs of lewes, and therefor by association Hurst and hassocks.

Anyway the point is they are both one of our own :rolleyes:

And his family are Palarse season ticket holders

I wish I didn't know that now.

Solly already has a song. Our team is Brighton & Hove Albion, and only Dunk comes from Brighton. It isn't Brighton, Hove and Hailsham Albion.
Actually Solly was born in Eastbourne.

This simply isn’t true.

All is not true. His sister certainly isn't.

Then two random strangers withe surname March spotted my sons Albion calender, then claimed to state they were family members and talk about Brighton Solly and their support of Palarse ..... I dont think these two women were on a wind up

Few points to make as a local lad to these places. Yes Heathfield isn’t the best but Hailsham is worse (although getting better). Lots of Albion in both towns. I know Sollys old man through a mate and he goes to most Albion matches home and away and certainly doesn’t support Palace. His sister used to work at my local pub but don’t know her. There could be some distant relatives that support palace but certainly not main family. Oh and everyone from around these parts was born in Eastbourne back in the day!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

How many actually DID go home in an ambulance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here