Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Effing Fireworks on Christmas Eve???

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Does anyone else remember the indoor fireworks you used to get in Christmas crackers? There was some sort of tissue tube you set light to and when it burnt down it floated up into the room.
Then there was some snake thing where a squidgy muck shot out of the firework and an indoor volcano or something?
Those were the days, but you tell the young people of today that - and they won't believe you.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Does anyone else remember the indoor fireworks you used to get in Christmas crackers? There was some sort of tissue tube you set light to and when it burnt down it floated up into the room.
Then there was some snake thing where a squidgy muck shot out of the firework and an indoor volcano or something?
Those were the days, but you tell the young people of today that - and they won't believe you.

My boss once let off an indoor firework at our Christmas lunch and covered everyone’s gravy with glitter. ****.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

The indoor fireworks were awesome, completely forgot about them! I used to be fascinated by the 'snake' thing as a toddler, which later progressed in to a fascination for party poppers until i was about 5.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Ha! Just ordered some on Amazon to show my kids what they are missing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Had the same near us tonight. Found the dog hiding away upstairs. Not happy, no need for it. Some people are really very selfish.

Bonfire week and New Year’s Eve is fine, Christmas Eve no.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
To paraphrase Monty Python, that’s luxury that is. We can’t afford Xmas eve fireworks in East Brighton. Live in shoe box just off A259.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

We had them last year from amazon. Not as good as they used to be though.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Like a bad chef, we lack confidence at Christmas in this country and just keep adding exotic ingredients.

In a few years time it will be traditional Christmas fireworks along with Secret Santa, jumpers that light up, Iberico ham and prosecco.

Hopefully post Brexit Jacob Rees Mogg will lead a military coup and enforce the more traditional elements of an English Christmas such as Morecambe and Wise, poverty in the East End of London and Ferrero Rocher.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I did a secret Santa at work and I'm about to have an Aperol Spritz with some ibérico ham. Just need a jumper that lights up to win doing Christmas wrong bingo.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Miserable *****. Fireworks are brilliant.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Complete and utter rubbish.......did u tell Prince Harry that when he got married and had fireworks in the evening? Chinese New Year? Diwali?
Never spoken to him. But not sure why the uk should be setting off fireworks for those occasions. Do you celebrate them?

Sent from my SM-T285 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Never spoken to him. But not sure why the uk should be setting off fireworks for those occasions. Do you celebrate them?

Sent from my SM-T285 using Tapatalk

Multi cultural society old chum..
As I have an Asian wife we have a knees up at Chinese New Year
Kung hei fat choi, and Believe it or not we have Indians in our street they decorate their house for Diwali ( festival of light) and have fireworks !!!

So in other words jog on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here