Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Oh oh jezzas gone and done it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh good, something else for the news media to talk about other than the disastrous white paper that is getting slammed across the board.

Especially as a link I posted earlier, showed Philip Hammond saying exactly the same thing, about a Tory woman, in July, this year.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh I've no doubt she had ambitions to be PM - and I don't think many people are saying - or thinking - she took it on purely through the goodness of her heart. I do get pissed off with people lampooning her (mainly remainers, because they don't want her to succeed) - for better or worse she seems to be the only person actually trying to deliver Brexit, respecting the outcome of the referendum (which she herself disagreed with) while getting no help from any side - in fact all sides are doing their best to hinder and hamper her efforts.

Before you get all mushy over May, she has had plenty of time to reach out across the house to try to get consensus. There have been cross party committees, think tanks and whatever else that she has chosen to ignore. She stuck in a brexit secretary basically to appease the party hardliners, and he didn't deliver, and did the same again and the next one didn't deliver. She appears to have then gone down a route of her own taking neither her party nor anybody else in parliament with her. She has lacked vision and authority. The 2017 GE took away any remaining authority she might have had, and since then she has had to pander to the various factions in her party. She has been too afraid to stick her neck out and get behind a clear plan. We all know this is now the only deal on the table, but it wouldn't have been the only deal had we sat down with a clear vision of our exit 18 months ago.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well that's the run-up to Xmas dominated by yet another mediocre sideshow and millions of memes and column inches. NONE of these people are fit to govern a grown-up nation :rolleyes:

Parliament has lost the plot......Even Abbot backing the new immigration policy

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Especially as a link I posted earlier, showed Philip Hammond saying exactly the same thing, about a Tory woman, in July, this year.

Bercow actually called Leadsom a stupid women out loud earlier in the year! He didn't have to apologise though as through the proper channels it was concluded that the statement was in fact true.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Not read the whole thread, but in case nobody else has said it yet - WHO CUFFING CARES WHAT HE SAID ?

PMQ's has degenerated into a pathetic point-scoring, mudslinging competition between a bunch of self-serving sock-puppets masquerading as politicians. I find it thoroughly depressing that at a time of national crisis, we have a parliamentary agenda focused on whether someone actually called someone else STUPID or not. This is primary school stuff.

This country is truly fvcked under this bunch of mugs. Absolutely banjo'd.

This.

I'm with stupid. ^

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Before you get all mushy over May, she has had plenty of time to reach out across the house to try to get consensus. There have been cross party committees, think tanks and whatever else that she has chosen to ignore. She stuck in a brexit secretary basically to appease the party hardliners, and he didn't deliver, and did the same again and the next one didn't deliver. She appears to have then gone down a route of her own taking neither her party nor anybody else in parliament with her. She has lacked vision and authority. The 2017 GE took away any remaining authority she might have had, and since then she has had to pander to the various factions in her party. She has been too afraid to stick her neck out and get behind a clear plan. We all know this is now the only deal on the table, but it wouldn't have been the only deal had we sat down with a clear vision of our exit 18 months ago.
I'm not. I didn't say she was doing a great job, just that she is the only one trying to do it. Even those who may have been trying to help her, such as arguably the Brexit ministers, failed. And as for the idea of cross party help bring offered .....:facepalm: ..... they were all too busy trying to f*** things up for her one way or another so that they could find a way to stay in their beloved EU.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’m more offended by the subsequent attempt by the Labour Party to lie and suggest he didn’t say it !!

I feel your pain, you are a real saint for somehow carrying on with this burden, I hope that with time, you can heal and recover at least some of your old self.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh I've no doubt she had ambitions to be PM - and I don't think many people are saying - or thinking - she took it on purely through the goodness of her heart. I do get pissed off with people lampooning her (mainly remainers, because they don't want her to succeed) - for better or worse she seems to be the only person actually trying to deliver Brexit, respecting the outcome of the referendum (which she herself disagreed with) while getting no help from any side - in fact all sides are doing their best to hinder and hamper her efforts.

I'm still waiting for " An Economy that Works for Everyone " ! she's not trying to deliver that by the look of it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Bloody hell what a wally, handing them another excuse to try to deflect that fact they are running the country in to oblivion. I despise every inept tw@t that we have running our country at the moment, red or blue, left or right they all seem to be self centred duckwits.

Wouldn't it be nice if the politicians, actually behaved in a grown up manor and did what was the best for the country, rather then their own career. The reason they don't is because they rich enough not to be affected by the mess they create.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bloody hell what a wally, handing them another excuse to try to deflect that fact they are running the country in to oblivion. I despise every inept tw@t that we have running our country at the moment, red or blue, left or right they all seem to be self centred duckwits.

Wouldn't it be nice if the politicians, actually behaved in a grown up manor and did what was the best for the country, rather then their own career. The reason they don't is because they rich enough not to be affected by the mess they create.
Yep.

Clear the whole lot out and start again, these people are failing all of us.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I distinctly recall him saying on the box that he didn't believe in people insulting each other, as you would not be properly listening to each other. His followers on here, when he became leader, rejoiced in that he was bringing in a different type of politics, but gradually with time, despite the quite mannerism, he is in fact no different to so many others in all the parties.

But it’s not an insult, she IS a stupid woman!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not. I didn't say she was doing a great job, just that she is the only one trying to do it. Even those who may have been trying to help her, such as arguably the Brexit ministers, failed. And as for the idea of cross party help bring offered .....:facepalm: ..... they were all too busy trying to f*** things up for her one way or another so that they could find a way to stay in their beloved EU.

There are as many MPs in government doing just that than in opposition. This would be through if she had the support of her own party, plus the members opposite in support of leaving. Disingenuous to say the rest of the house have been too busy trying to **** it up for her when her own MPs have done an amazing job of that on their own.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's right though, Corbyn is quite clearly NOT saying "woman".

Yes. Having seen it now, I couldn't be more sure that he didn't say "stupid woman".

Edit: I've watched it again and now I'm not certain at all. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

If you are sure he said Stupid Woman, lip reading will confirm this to you.

If you are sure he said Stupid People, lip reading will confirm this to you.

fe4d2f42145c91c1c13628782af6bb34.jpg

The context was either JC commenting on a bunch of tories joining in a pantomime chant or the actions and character of one women.

Either way, his observation was correct (although not PC in the case of the latter).

A perfect Xmas present to the government to deflect the Brexit shambles.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Speaker has now viewed footage. Lip speakers are of the view he said "stupid woman". No audio available as he was sitting down. "Nobody can be 100% certain". He invites JC to explain. JC on his feet - he says he said "stupid people". "I am completely opposed to sexist and misogenistic language in any form at all". No apology. Andrea Leadsom says "I think that the country and this house will have drawn their own conclusions and I deeply regret that the right honourable gentleman has not seen fit to apologise".

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Speaker has now viewed footage. Lip speakers are of the view he said "stupid woman". No audio available as he was sitting down. "Nobody can be 100% certain". He invites JC to explain. JC on his feet - he says he said "stupid people". "I am completely opposed to sexist and misogenistic language in any form at all". No apology. Andrea Leadsom says "I think that the country and this house will have drawn their own conclusions and I deeply regret that the right honourable gentleman has not seen fit to apologise".

Yes Andrea, many will come to the conclusion that you self interested, nasty b******s on the govt benches should concentrate on the right royal mess you're making rather than trying to divert attention elsewhere.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

JC says "Oh just SHUT UP you bloody STUPID WOMAN. There. I'VE SAID IT NOW. HAPPY!?"

Allegedly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here