Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Initiative Q.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Was described on the radio this morning as a very good way of scammers getting hold of a list of people who are open to the idea of getting something for nothing. General advice is tread VERY carefully.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Was described on the radio this morning as a very good way of scammers getting hold of a list of people who are open to the idea of getting something for nothing. General advice is tread VERY carefully.

Who doesn't want something for nothing?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/rHv9VkCs7

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

NSC has more of my information than Initiative Q

I’m not worrying too much right now.

The grove

Aug 18, 2011
Still 3 more available here.
This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here:
https://initiativeq.com/invite/rW0F0Y2o7
(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't really see the downside. Where's the mugging?

its fine if you used a spare/spam email and unique password. many dont and the network effect of the distribution encourages people to sign up possibly with their non-spamcatching email. at the very least the originators will have collected a valid email, password and an association to another account useful for phishing attacks.

it also shows up thousands of peoples names (Tim), so while we have to battle through websites asking us to agree to use the website and so on to comply with GDPR, we happily fling our personal data out to the world in the hope of a freebie.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/rHv9VkCs7

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

In, ta.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Quite. You have to click on the link:

https://initiativeq.com/invite/r75Un8jom

and type in your name and an email address in order to share in the Q's.

They gather a bit more than just your name, password, email address and who invited whom to register. Other data they capture includes details such as your computer or mobile device type, its operating system, IP address, geo location, as well as your browsing history.

Nothing particularly unusual there admittedly, I guess it’s up to the individual if they are comfortable with giving access to that information now and going forward, in the hope of making a few quid in the future.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here