Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FC Nantes not Sporting CP for Amex friendly

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I wonder if we are due a small amount of compensation

Almost certainly. We would have paid Sporting to come here for the friendly and field their first team, then there are all the logistical costs of hosting the match. The club will be owed compensation for them cancelling, especially at this short notice.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Much prefer Nantes if honest, might now go. A master stroke, well done Sporting!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are their fans called the Nantes boys? Make a change from it being us.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Almost certainly. We would have paid Sporting to come here for the friendly and field their first team, then there are all the logistical costs of hosting the match. The club will be owed compensation for them cancelling, especially at this short notice.
Good luck with that, everyone knows Sporting are a club in crisis and that was before fixture was arranged.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Paging [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] to confirm the correct name of the team please, before anybody embarrasses themselves.

It amuses me that people and indeed our club still keep referring to them as FC Nantes when no such club exists. Their correct name is Football Club de Nantes and are based in Nantes I would have expected BHA to get it advertised correctly. unless we are all wrong and we are actually playing FC Mantes who themselves are actually called Football Club Mantois 78.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Nantes is in the Vendee, unlike Rennes, which is Breton.

We drive through Nantes to get to our holiday destination. One of the easier peripheriques to negotiate.

No it isn't, it's in Loire-Atlantique department. Only know that having been on numerous trips to the Vendee over the past 20 odd years (parents had a place over there).

They are a decent sized club in France but were relegated to the 2nd tier a few years back and are slowly on their way back.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No it isn't, it's in Loire-Atlantique department. Only know that having been on numerous trips to the Vendee over the past 20 odd years (parents had a place over there).

They are a decent sized club in France but were relegated to the 2nd tier a few years back and are slowly on their way back.

You're right although Loire-Atlantique and the Vendee are part of the Pays de la Loire.

It definitely isn't in Brittany.

I don't know where people are getting the nonce pronounciation as it is Nunt or Narnt.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here