Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper: Record midfield signing from PSV - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember thinking he looked a decent signing at the time to be honest.
As with every signing you never fully know how well it's going to play out, though have a feeling with both Propper and Gross we have done very very well.
Again.

Let's face it, our recruitment team must be one of the best in the business. We have finished in the top 6 of the Championship in 4 of the last 5 seasons, eventually going up - the absolute model of consistency. Sure, others have gone up and stayed up, but they've gambled to do so and it's paid off. For every Palace and Bournemouth there are several more clubs where overpaying just hasn't worked - notably Forest, Sheff Weds, Wolves and a fair few others.

We really haven't overpaid for anybody since we got to the Amex, with the possible exception of Craig MacKail-Smith, and even then there were others prepared to pay what we did.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Here's some clips of him at Vitesse. Judging by the video, It looks like Hughton has signed a player well above the standard our relegation rivals having been splashing out on e.g. Tom Ince. This looks almost guaranteed to be a great signing. Money very well spent.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Again.

Let's face it, our recruitment team must be one of the best in the business. We have finished in the top 6 of the Championship in 4 of the last 5 seasons, eventually going up - the absolute model of consistency. Sure, others have gone up and stayed up, but they've gambled to do so and it's paid off. For every Palace and Bournemouth there are several more clubs where overpaying just hasn't worked - notably Forest, Sheff Weds, Wolves and a fair few others.

We really haven't overpaid for anybody since we got to the Amex, with the possible exception of Craig MacKail-Smith, and even then there were others prepared to pay what we did.

COG - 500k and huge salary
Manu - huge salary

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I have to say that that Tweet thingy is very disappointing. He says that he "thinks" he's ready.

Poor, very poor :nono:

On this evidence alone I can just tell he's clearly not PremierSHIP material. Get rid I say and be glad we dodged a bullet.

haha can't lie thought exactly the same. VERY disappointed with his humility

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
a) You have absolutely no idea whether or not that is true
b) Even if it is, are you seriously arguing that overall we have paid salaries well above market rates?

Meant manu huge fee. And if your argument is you don't know - then you also don't know how much we wasted on countless players.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Here's some clips of him at Vitesse. Judging by the video, It looks like Hughton has signed a player well above the standard our relegation rivals having been splashing out on e.g. Tom Ince. This looks almost guaranteed to be a great signing. Money very well spent.

I know a video reel could make even me look good, but that has me drooling.. the imagination, variety of passes, turns under pressure and great finishes with both feet.. mmmmmmm! Man United will remember him!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just been chatting to a couple of Dutch people around the pool, with strawberry daqiarry in hand :safeway::safeway::safeway: and he was saying that the player had played for the national side a few tines , and was an ok player, but they didn't like PSV as he was a feyernoord fan, his gorgeous looking wife is an feisty Ajax fan.

They thought he is a bit injury prone but plays the game the Dutch way, so expect a lot of nice short passing games

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just been chatting to a couple of Dutch people around the pool, with strawberry daqiarry in hand :safeway::safeway::safeway: and he was saying that the player had played for the national side a few tines , and was an ok player, but they didn't like PSV as he was a feyernoord fan, his gorgeous looking wife is an feisty Ajax fan.

They thought he is a bit injury prone but plays the game the Dutch way, so expect a lot of nice short passing games

Injury prone? He's missed 6 league games in the last 4 years. 1 game absent in the last 2 years.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I know a video reel could make even me look good, but that has me drooling.. the imagination, variety of passes, turns under pressure and great finishes with both feet.. mmmmmmm! Man United will remember him!

Worth noting that according to PSV fans he was actually in poor form last season (all the clips are from last season), if he looks that good from a poor season, I can't wait to see how hughton gets him playing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I appreciate I'm not saying anything we don't already know, but singing Mr Propper and those highlights means now we really are crying out for a better Baldock.

How many of those goals/chances were sliding the ball through into the path of the on rushing #9.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, I meant you.
Your 'Huddersfield are in for him' is far, far, less tedious than the Triggar's 'wit'.
Ouch baby, very ouch.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Meant manu huge fee. And if your argument is you don't know - then you also don't know how much we wasted on countless players.
And that's where you're wrong. It is easy to find total wage bills. Here is one that shows our wage bill as 9th biggest in the division in 2013:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/da...p-club-accounts-profit-loss-and-the-wage-bill

And here we are in 11th place in 2015:
https://www.insidermedia.com/inside...ball-finance-championship-wage-bill-tops-500m

I don't know but [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] might be in a position to tell us how our wage bill has stacked up in those past 5 years?

So my point is that although we have signed the odd duffer, overall our record is superb - barely over the average in terms of wage bills, and yet consistently finishing in the top 6. Or are you arguing with that simply because we signed Chris O Grady and Elvis Manu?

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I appreciate I'm not saying anything we don't already know, but singing Mr Propper and those highlights means now we really are crying out for a better Baldock.

How many of those goals/chances were sliding the ball through into the path of the on rushing #9.

love the finish on 01:23

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Absolutely agree.. but lets hope it's not the player on the clips who keeps smacking them wide!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Worth noting that according to PSV fans he was actually in poor form last season (all the clips are from last season), if he looks that good from a poor season, I can't wait to see how hughton gets him playing.

PSV as a side had a poor season (finished 3rd) relative to winning the Eredivisie the year before. Fans views reflect that (plus a touch of bitterness at his going) but I'm assured that in a "bad" season he was still their most consistent performer if not quite to the previous year's high.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Even a fit Baldock would be a start :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here