Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Too early to judge but as is the case with most crap footballers we have had , many spot it early and get set upon for suggesting it. More and more spot it until finally even the blue and white tint brigade see it.

Havent posted on him yet but from evidence so far It is pretty disappointing from what we had to what we potentially have.

Still , may turn it round and prove decent yet.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What we've seen so far hasn't instilled a great deal of confidence, but we must remember what an incredible small sample this is.

One thing is for certain, is that we will not improve his chances of coming good if we get on his back. I've always hated how the fanbase will somehow select a "target" who gets stick way out of proportion for their effort, skill and contribution. Whether that be Wilkins, Codner, or through to Barnes, please can we not make it Ryan next. It's just so damaging, and when it's your keeper it can cost us serious points.

#together

Jimmy Grimble

Complete irrelevant to his keeping skills but I find it weirdly annoying that he wears such a baggy shirt.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Too early to judge but as is the case with most crap footballers we have had , many spot it early and get set upon for suggesting it. More and more spot it until finally even the blue and white tint brigade see it.

Havent posted on him yet but from evidence so far It is pretty disappointing from what we had to what we potentially have.

What about Stockdale then and the people who set upon within a few games. What actually happens is sadly some fans regularly write off players after one or two early mistakes and then, if the player turns out to be a poor signing, they gloat about it. If, on the other hand, the players turns out to do well for us, Stockdale and Duffy being obvious examples, they keep quiet and claim they'd never criticised them if asked.

Ryan has played two games for us. The level of criticism on here and elsewhere is ridiculous. Fans should give new players a chance rather than criticising them as quickly as they can.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Just as the same 'many' spot some of our crap footballers and turn out to be hopelessly wrong. Barnes, Baldock, Stockdale, Stephens etc.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I think this season in particular we could do with a keeper who sets out to dominate the box and won't hesitate in coming out for crosses. The exact attributes Walton demonstrated fantastically well during his loan spells.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ryan has played two games for us. The level of criticism on here and elsewhere is ridiculous. Fans should give new players a chance rather than criticising them as quickly as they can.

its a forum , it can be discussed and people can be bolder with their questions and doubts.

In games, everyone backs them big time. Long way off people turning on anyone IMO.

A forum is what it is

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Just adding another post to ensure my most successful thread ever stays on the front page. That's all.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
That reminds me, I need to put "aubergine" on my shopping list.

My point was that sissoko was Spurs record signing last year. He is has been getting pelters because he isn't better than what they have.

People who are comparing ryan to loris - remember that loris was forced to sit on the bench for 6 months to prove himself. He wasn't given the no1 spot because friedel was deemed to be better at that time. Ryan hasn't had to compete with an existing no1.

The simple question to anyone saying we cannot judge a players performance - if we had both stockdale and ryan - who plays the next game?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My point was that sissoko was Spurs record signing last year. He is has been getting pelters because he isn't better than what they have.

People who are comparing ryan to loris - remember that loris was forced to sit on the bench for 6 months to prove himself. He wasn't given the no1 spot because friedel was deemed to be better at that time. Ryan hasn't had to compete with an existing no1.

The simple question to anyone saying we cannot judge a players performance - if we had both stockdale and ryan - who plays the next game?

Very good. My point was that his full name reminded me of moussaka, a dish which calls for aubergine as an ingredient.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
its a forum , it can be discussed and people can be bolder with their questions and doubts.

In games, everyone backs them big time. Long way off people turning on anyone IMO.

A forum is what it is
Exactly. I have been critical of him on here but will continue to back him as I really hope he comes good.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Course, when I used to play football I never had a bad game, at least not unless I meant to.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
From the years of watching Brighton it has become abundantly clear that Brighton fans are terrible at spotting good players. It is almost a bit embarressing. How many players have been good when Brighton fans say they are shit?
Barnes, Hammond, El Abd, Mayo, Butters, Murray, Navarro and that is just off the top of my head.

More recently Stockdale, Baldock, Sidwell, Duffy, Tomori.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
We're right on 2 though. Akpom and Elvis

No transfer ever comes with guarantees. It's the nature of the beast.

But if the negative nancys really crave success so much then support and encouragement would likely pay more dividends rather than sniping and criticising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here