Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the time finally come to give our young guns a chance?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
its pretty farcical to be in the premier league with only 2 target men available for our striking options. Certainly would throw Connolly and Tilley on against Barnet with a view to them being considered for the bench at Watford.

Ideally we will sign someone of note before Watford although it all looks like its going to deadline day in this regard.

Totally agree.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
its pretty farcical to be in the premier league with only 2 target men available for our striking options. Certainly would throw Connolly and Tilley on against Barnet with a view to them being considered for the bench at Watford.

Totally agree.

Tilley and a.nother are potentially going to be on the bench for Barnet. Hughton normally puts 1-2 Dev squad players in the EFL cup squads.
But as for Watford then effectively you're saying that CH will be replacing in the 18 well one of Murray, Hemed, Gross, Murphy, March, Izquierdo and so on in favour of a Dev Squad player with not 1 minute of league experience. [Tilley has 30 seconds]

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Tilley and a.nother are likely to be on the bench for Barnet.
But as for Watford then effectively you're saying that they will be replacing well one of Murray, Hemed, Gross, Murphy, March, Izquierdo and so on in favour of a Dev Squad player with not 1 minute of league experience.

If we persist with 451, I'd lose one of Murray or Hemed or indeed Murphy from the pitch/bench.

Seriously; i'm that MAD. Remember Izquierdo can play anywhere across the front. Or so people keep assuring us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As ridiculous threads go the last 24 hours has been pretty prolific, so here's my offering:

Q: what is the point of our current development squad?

March, Dunk, Cook, Jake Robinson and Simon Fox aside, why bother?

We are desperate for some pace and urgency in the central final third and what do we have? Two sluggish target men and a crocked genuine number 10. I say chuck Tilley right in the deep end and see what happens.

Better dead than smeg.

You should be banned from posting on here starting a thread like this.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He's in the squad for the u23s playing tonight.

Probably bag another quality goal or two.

Obviously no where near the first team picture.

What a pity. I guess it's Skalak as back up striker for Barnet.

What a missed opportunity.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When it comes to young guns, one should always go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here