Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed at myself and a little bit the club!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mmmm every league ground operates the same way leave early and your not getting back in surely you new that unles ....

Exactly, the club make it clear enough. As I said earlier, if you do want to/have to, leave before the game is over, the stewards make it abundantly clear that you won't be let back in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I arrived about 4ish. The queues for the Harvey's Bar, Dicks and the shop were all MONSTROUS, such that the guest I had with me (legitimately using my son's upgraded ST before you ask [emoji23][emoji23]) and I decided it wasn't worth trying to get into any of them.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in.

You should probably have stopped drinking at this point.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm not sure what's more far-fetched:
- that the op's account of what happened actually happened
- that the op made up the story and thought 'I know, I'll write this up and put it on the internet'

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
- that the op made up the story and thought 'I know, I'll write this up and put it on the internet'

It did really happen. It didn't occur to me that people would think I made it up. If I was to make up a story I hope it will be a bit more exciting than wandering inadvertently out of a football ground....gasp

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

It did really happen. It didn't occur to me that people would think I made it up. If I was to make up a story I hope it will be a bit more exciting than wandering inadvertently out of a football ground....gasp

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Inadvertently? You made a decision to walk out.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You should have done a swap for the bloke in the upper east who got told to put out his "vapour ciggie" (whatever they are called) only for him to light up again later in the match. He was asked to leave and refused, looking very pleased with himself and his mates thought it sll good fun. The stewards didn't persue it but the female steward concerned made a point of getting his seat number at the end of the match.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No doubt there are people now who are ashamed to be on NSC, given the treatment of the OP, who is clearly a genuine fan.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round. Without thinking I wandered out and went for a drink. After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance. Of course I understand this rule but after all the decades of supporting the Albion I was exasperated to find they would not budge and I was set to miss this momentous day. I did lose my sh@t which wasn't the best response. After composing myself I sweet talked one of the Stewards who to my eternal thanks was kind enough to turn a blind eye and let me in. Phew!!!
Of course it was my own fault but you would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of our long awaited return.

I have only read your post, hence I am only replying to your post........ You knew the rules (by your own admission) you choose to ignore them, you should NOT have been allowed back in......simples......

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You need a bloody good reason to leave the ground and to be allowed back in. I've known this for donkey years. Surely any football supporter knew this apart from a JCL ?

Back in the Goldstone days i regularly would leave the ground to pop into the Shell garage and be allowed back in. Stewards were far more lenient back then and i had a pretty good excuse. Wouldn't dream of it now.

You need a bloody good reason to leave the ground and to be allowed back in. I've known this for donkey years. Surely any football supporter knew this apart from a JCL ?

Back in the Goldstone days i regularly would leave the ground to pop into the Shell garage and be allowed back in. Stewards were far more lenient back then and i had a pretty good excuse. Wouldn't dream of it now.

I'd never have bothered asking to be let out/back in to The Goldstone.

(Like, for want of a better word, your avatar and signature)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Harsh! Neither been support since Goldstone and did go to Gillingham! Have a masters degree and a tendency to lose the plot every now and then!
My partner is a university lecturer, and from some of the anecdotes he tells me, not to mention the evidence of this thread, I can confirm there is not always a correlation between a degree and one's level of intelligence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here