Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match by Match ticket prices

D

Deleted User X18H

Happy with that and I'm a tightwad. Whether I'll be able to get a ticket for any games apart from for Burnley, Stoke, Huddersfield and Swansea at home is another matter.

Couldn't Bombadier Botty lend you some cash

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mate.I think they have royally F***** up the Wembley ticket pricing. They are trying to sell another 18.5k STs to make a total of 38k.
They have been going down the waiting list offering them to members. They are now being offered to members who are 60k on the list and still have a few left - the reason people joined the list in the first place was to get priority for match tickets on an ad hoc basis - not because they actually wanted an ST.

These STs started at £650 & go up to £1400 (Club Wembley), These are similar price points to WHL but you have the double whammy of Wembley is a hell hole & NOT home. The club were banking on the fact that to guarantee an ST for the new WHL, you had to buy one for Wembley. This has not turned out as well as they hoped.

They also now have the issue that they cannot sell individual match tickets for less than the effective price a ST holder has (£34 per match in my case).

Will see how today's tranche goes.

The biggest f**k-up Spurs have made is only allocating 3,000 away fans in a 90,000 capacity stadium. A lot of away fans would have wanted to go to see their team at Wembley. Now I know you don't want 20,000 there, as it affects the atmosphere but surely 5,000-6,000 would have been more reasonable. And made you some money.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For £45 a game I would expect to see some decent players on show as £45 to watch the likes of Bong Baldock Sidwell Norwood etc is not acceptable, I rate the majority of our current squad but not enough to make me part with the best part of £50.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is sad but I accepted when we went up that as a one income family I won't be able to afford to go to games anymore and will just try to catch as many games on TV as I can where people have got Sky or BT Sport. I'm not actually that worried about me as I was a season ticket holder for years before having children and have been to many, many games but I do feel sorry for my boys who won't be able to go to matches for a long time.

I don't necessarily blame the club as they are a business and we all want new signings etc which need to be paid for but I bet there are a lot of people in a similar boat to me so I do think there will be generations of children who miss out on the match day experience. It's a real shame but this is modern day football.

stevie17

Banned
Oct 29, 2014
Hertfordshire
match day ticket prices.

over the top IMO.Sometimes sit in the East lower (wing part),and last season Cat A was £36.Same area this season is £50 (that is an increase of over 35%)..

Was expecting the increase to go up from £36 to £42/£43...not a staggering £14.

Means now that's its very likely I will attend only 1 or 2 Cat A matches....I live over 85 miles from the stadium and usually attend 6 or 7 matches a season...that figure will now probably decrease to 5 or 6 now..with virtually all of them being Cat B or Cat C matches.

Sadly I think Albion have got the match day ticketing wrong this time (several others will think the sae)...its scandalous to have such a steep increase,but football is money orientated now and run like a business,not a sport as in the good old days...mr.average is/has been priced out of going to the the game we al love.

Supply and demand..... Those suggesting the club should not be run like it's a business are in cloud cuckoo land. If it's not run like a business we would soon have no club!

£45 it seems is inkeeping with other Premier League clubs. Cat C games are about the same price as Cat B games last season. This time we will have the likes of West Brom (already confirmed Cat C), Probably Stoke, Watford and Swansea too for that price.

Last season the same money would have had you watching Barnsley!

Although the season ticket prices went up by around 20% it actually seems that B and C game have gone up by no more. It's only the glamour ties that have had a bigger increase, and let's face it. It's these games that will have excessive demand.

As I said in another thread. I think the club missed the chance to match equivalent home tickets to the £30 paid by visitors. It would have only affected a handful of seats in a limited number of games.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Price hike for Cat A does seem steep but as everyone has said people will pay this due to supply and demand! I imagine it will deter a number of people who pick and choose 5-6 games a year.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I am absolutely CHUFFED to frickin' bits that we are finally in the Premier League.

But there was something about just rolling up for a 7.45 k/o away to Rochdale on a Tuesday night or a 3pm Saturday away at Macclesfield that was just bloody great.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
These are the ticket prices for matchday for other clubs

PL Matchday Prices 2017-18.JPG

el punal

For £45 a game I would expect to see some decent players on show as £45 to watch the likes of Bong Baldock Sidwell Norwood etc is not acceptable, I rate the majority of our current squad but not enough to make me part with the best part of £50.

So if Bong, Baldock, Sidwell, Norwood and whoever the etc. players are score the winning goal in a match(es) is not acceptable, what is?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So if Bong, Baldock, Sidwell, Norwood and whoever the etc. players are score the winning goal in a match(es) is not acceptable, what is?
That side is going to struggle Newcastle away last season will be like almost every game unless some real quality is added to the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here