Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Indeed. There's not many people left that Tory policy will actually benefit - yet through relentless propagandising on social media and a monopolistic reign over the mainstream media they will still surely win. Turkey's voting for Christmas.

Yet there is still hope - stranger things have happened in democracy over the last few years. The thought of the deranged authoritarian Theresa May resigning after a failed election in less than a weeks time is surely enough to make anyone vote out the Conservatives.

For pompous rambling, this surely takes the biscuit! Millions will vote Tory on Thursday, and yet none of these people see any benefit to them or indeed the country. The Turkeys are truly thick, aren't they? But you can see through it all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You may be right, my friend, you may not be -do you know who is putting in the leg work for Brexit exactly and who is concentrating on the election? At least you are gracious enough to say that it is now a "suspicion" and no longer pure and simple!

That belies a rather arrogant assumption that the Tories will win and that they'll win without a section of the party needing to do anything to get elected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That belies a rather arrogant assumption that the Tories will win and that they'll win without a section of the party needing to do anything to get elected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of selected minsters plus their civil servants -quite how you jump to the conclusion that implicit in my statement is that they will win is beyond me -I did not mean any such thing. Do you not think that perhaps Labour have also thought about strategies for Brexit as well - anyone with a chance of government would be stupid not to have given brexit some thought.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not a lot if the best you can come up with, its "the Tories haven't told us their negotiating strategy, which means they haven't got one"!!! Derr. I don't recall calling you a dim tosser flower, you labelled yourself. Although to be fair now you mention it, it does mean we agree on something.

Flower, lol! Well done, what a card!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hints of electoral fraud here. Not good. Not good at all.

[tweet]871681915560108032[/tweet]

Three things on:

1) Jeez that is one LOOPY account.
2) Unite represent (some) employees at the company I work for. It wouldn't in any way surprise me to find out that they were doing something underhand.
3) I don't believe for a second that postal votes in Acton & Ealing don't look good. Inner London is likely to be all red.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just seen usually effective Michael Crick try to beat up JC on Channel 4, he just flicked him away with ease. He looks relaxed and confident

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Three things on:

1) Jeez that is one LOOPY account.
2) Unite represent (some) employees at the company I work for. It wouldn't in any way surprise me to find out that they were doing something underhand.
3) I don't believe for a second that postal votes in Acton & Ealing don't look good. Inner London is likely to be all red.

I got it from the Dan Hodges mention as I follow him on Twitter, a long-time political commentator and he's certainly no Tory. I think the "not good" comment was an indication that Ealing and Acton postal votes weren't going to Labour.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I got it from the Dan Hodges mention as I follow him on Twitter, a long-time political commentator and he's certainly no Tory. I think the "not good" comment was an indication that Ealing and Acton postal votes weren't going to Labour.

I got the subtext but it seems contradictory to the likely London narrative on Thursday night so it doesn't ring true.
Also, how the hell would a union secretary get postal votes?
Actually, this begs a question: does anyone know where do postal votes get sent to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here