Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you can't attend an away game will the club by it back??

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Bought a ticket for QPR but due to other commitments I wouldn't be able to make it in time so just going to watch on the box.

Does anyone know what the process is with the clubs new ID regulations for away games. Would they buy the ticket and re-sell it???

Any info would be appreciated

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bought a ticket for QPR but due to other commitments I wouldn't be able to make it in time so just going to watch on the box.

Does anyone know what the process is with the clubs new ID regulations for away games. Would they buy the ticket and re-sell it???

Any info would be appreciated

No, they won't. Much like if you buy a ticket for a gig. Identical, in fact.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
But you can sell your ticket for a gig or give it to a friend. You can't with an away ticket.

Only if you break the terms and conditions of sale! No gig promoter's t&c's say "it's fine to sell this to someone else", they all say "non-transferable". As I say, identical to the club's position.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Only if you break the terms and conditions of sale! No gig promoter's t&c's say "it's fine to sell this to someone else", they all say "non-transferable". As I say, identical to the club's position.

Slight difference though, as it's not illegal, whereas selling your ticket for a football match is.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Slight difference though, as it's not illegal, whereas selling your ticket for a football match is.

Unless, apparently (as reported on the main thread on this a couple of weeks ago), the club give permission, which they do if you buy a licence for your seat. As far as I recall, the received wisdom was that BHAFC could never give permission to transfer tickets for away games as they are only an agent for the away club. But they can, and do, give permission for home games. 1901ers have to buy a licence for their seat, thus all 1901ers can freely transfer their ticket (there's even a BHAFC portal to do it), and standard ST holders can additionally purchase a licence for their seat giving them the same right. I doubt many have though...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No gig promoter's t&c's say "it's fine to sell this to someone else", they all say "non-transferable". As I say, identical to the club's position.

This isn't 100% true. I'm looking at a gig ticket right now and it doesn't say anything about being non-transferable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This isn't 100% true. I'm looking at a gig ticket right now and it doesn't say anything about being non-transferable.

And there are several re-sale sites you can use which are not illegal.

ps) I'm not saying the club is wrong by the way. Just highlighting the obvious discrimination against football fans versus any other type of event.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
some venues do returns

Then I stand corrected. TBH, I'm more surprised at HT's comment than Pearl's. Ah - HT, is the gig in Germany? I have no clue what the rules are there... if it's the UK, then all I can say is that I'm surprised, but stand corrected...

EDIT: I'm off to a gig tonight...that ticket says "tickets cannot be returned or exchanged", but doesn't say "non-transferable"...so there you go...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm probably very wrong here but they aren't going to stand there checking the holder of EVERY single ticket for the away end for ID and cross referencing it to a manifest on a clipboard are they?

It's random spot checks.

Having said that I wish they had checked every ticket at Forest as the queue would have ensured I missed the 90 minutes of goonery that took place on the pitch.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's random spot checks.

Having said that I wish they had checked every ticket at Forest as the queue would have ensured I missed the 90 minutes of goonery that took place on the pitch.

Probably best not to be a young, pissed up, loud male though if you want to avoid being selected for a random check, I'd surmise.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
It's random spot checks.

See I am not convinced by the legality of all this. Feels very Nazi Germany.

If you are outside the stadium queuing to get into the turnstiles on the street and a BHAFC club official asks to see your ID, surely you would be well within your rights to refuse? The turnstile operator I suppose could refuse entry if the person with the ticket doesn't cough up matching identification. That would cause a lot of delays and could even cause a safety hazard.

The only way I can see this working is if people employed by BHA ask to see the ID and ticket of a fan outside the ground and if they refuse they will advise the staff on the turnstiles who would then refuse entry. Regardless it doesn't sit comfortably with me at all...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here