Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great bit about us on Football 365.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Whole article is about the FA cup and pretty insightful, but the bit about us is particularly good:

* One club that got away with making 11 changes were Brighton and Hove Albion, a team that has the Midas touch. Chris Hughton chose to change every player from the victory at Fulham on January 2, but Brighton still breezed past MK Dons.

Like all fans of clubs who have suffered years of past abuse and neglect, Brighton supporters are a pessimistic bunch. Many are predicting a repeat of last season’s mini-collapse, when a small squad was crippled by fatigue and left empty before and during their play-off semi-final. They dare not believe, because to believe is to invite the Gods of football karma to inflict their wrath.

For every other fan of a Championship club, however, Brighton are the blueprint. Success has not been achieved through lavish spending, but by allowing a proven manager to quietly go about his business. Too many Championship clubs are ineffective rehabilitation centres for Premier League just-not-quites or never-weres, but Brighton is the opposite: this is a club that improves players. Players like Anthony Knockaert, Glenn Murray, Gaetan Bong and Jiri Skalak.

The 2-0 victory over MK Dons made it six victories in a row for Hughton’s side. They are unbeaten in the league since September 10 and have now conceded six goals in their last 13 matches. Barring a disaster of unfathomable proportions they will take their place in the Premier League next season, and no club is more deserving. A favourable draw and FA Cup run would be a wonderful side order.

Whole article here: http://www.football365.com/news/fa-cup-third-round-16-conclusions

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
football365 clearly know nothing, we've just been lucky so far this season and are due a massive dip in form.
And we haven't played anyone good yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Like all fans of clubs who have suffered years of past abuse and neglect, Brighton supporters are a pessimistic bunch. Many are predicting a repeat of last season’s mini-collapse, when a small squad was crippled by fatigue and left empty before and during their play-off semi-final. They dare not believe, because to believe is to invite the Gods of football karma to inflict their wrath.

This is ME.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Guardian interview with FA Chairman Greg Clarke has a rather more worrying paragraph. "Asked in particular about Brighton boss Chris Hughton, who was born in London and played for the Republic of Ireland, Clarke replied: “Why not? It would be wonderful to see a black England manager. It would put us forward 20 years.”

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The Guardian interview with FA Chairman Greg Clarke has a rather more worrying paragraph. "Asked in particular about Brighton boss Chris Hughton, who was born in London and played for the Republic of Ireland, Clarke replied: “Why not? It would be wonderful to see a black England manager. It would put us forward 20 years.”

I don't think the present incumbent will be departing particularly soon.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hopefully,Chris won't move on for a few years yet,but I think he would be excellent for England.Ireland might claim him first though.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Others might be. I'm still with Spartacus... I mean, I'm with hans kraay and Dick Swiveller. I'll start to believe if we're 28 points clear with three minutes of the season left And we're 5-0 up. Against nine men.

Maybe.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barring a disaster of unfathomable proportions they will take their place in the Premier League next season, and no club is more deserving.

I can't handle this...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Others might be. I'm still with Spartacus... I mean, I'm with hans kraay and Dick Swiveller. I'll start to believe if we're 28 points clear with three minutes of the season left And we're 5-0 up. Against nine men.

Maybe.

You lunatic! Your optimism will surely destroy us all!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Maybe.
I would still worry we would do something wrong and get a 32 point deduction or something. #Eeyore

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here