Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carlos Carvalhal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's no way that Huddersfield will sack Wagner. And I don't think he's got a good enough record, yet, to be a target for bigger clubs

Bit like, ahem....:whistle:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Carvahal's race in the UK looks run.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Carvahal's race in the UK looks run.

He's a complete charlatan - almost in Avram Grant territory. His brilliant game plan was to get ten or eleven players behind the ball and rely on quick breaks. As shown at the Amex in the 4-1, his 'all the meat on the barbecue' plan B was sh*te.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There's no way that Huddersfield will sack Wagner. And I don't think he's got a good enough record, yet, to be a target for bigger clubs

I think you are right, Wagner's success, thus far, has been based on purely keeping Huddersfield in the Premier League, next season once again that will be his sole remit. How he would get on at a more established Premier League club, who are chasing silverware, is l think, very much open to question.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's a complete charlatan - almost in Avram Grant territory. His brilliant game plan was to get ten or eleven players behind the ball and rely on quick breaks. As shown at the Amex in the 4-1, his 'all the meat on the barbecue' plan B was sh*te.

True. Or 10 men behind the ball, and to nick a set piece win.

So negative, that if they conceded the first goal, game over.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Brilliant.

I found it so satisfying to watch his tenure end on such a whimper. His rapid rise in the media from the “who?!? one” to the “enigmatic one” was frankly sick inducing. What with his Cantona esque ramblings... “today was a journey, we packed our rucksacks, filled our flasks... yet we lost our maps, then we met a strange pipe playing wayfarer (probably the ref) who led my wing clipped Swans to a fog bound cliff face... ultimately that is where we met our end. Heh heh... our epitaph? Only the wispy haired widows of Madeira could tell you that....”

Oh **** off. No I don’t want some bloody Portuguese cakes you massive cock.

Yet the media bought into his newly invented mystic PL persona... I half expected him to disappear in a puff of sweet smelling smoke, whilst cackling akin to some shawl wearing toothless crone, at any given moment.

A bizarre man, an equally bizarre appointment and by God it nearly worked.

Alas it wasn’t to be.

Ultimately hilarity and karma prevailed.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Dutch press are linking Jaap Staam to the vacancy. If that happens it'll see Readings last sacked manager at Swansea, and their last one at Reading.

Carlos was only on a contract until end of the season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

This, what Carvalhal totally failed to recognise in that game was that his midfield was getting completely overrun first half. His response? Take some midfielders off and stick even more players upfront. That was tactics 101 level of obvious, but he did not spot it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here