Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I saw a flag on the tv with your avatar on and thought of you Mr Reading :thumbsup:

I think I may have seen one on the tv at the World Cup too :clap2:

The Reading lads who went out to Russia are friends-of-friends. Nice blokes.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
But you’re missing an important factor in that this will not be achieved overnight, you have to gradually achieve this.

As per my above posts first team £15m+CBs will not be replaced or necessarily have sufficient competition, from £5m replacements.

AJ is an improvement on Skalak and Barnado looks to be better than Suttner/Bong. Bissouma and Andone we don’t know about, but I would hope Andone is better than Hemed/Baldock.

So inevitably we can ‘sell’ the competition aspect, but the reality is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. I think so far every signing is a considerable improvement on who they’ve replaced in the squad bar the 4th choice CB which is yet to be filled.

I also think what we’ve done is reduce the average age of the squad and all replacements have come from the top division of the country they were playing in and have international pedigree.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But you’re missing an important factor in that this will not be achieved overnight, you have to gradually achieve this.

As per my above posts first team £15m+CBs will not be replaced or necessarily have sufficient competition, from £5m replacements.

AJ is an improvement on Skalak and Barnado looks to be better than Suttner/Bong. Bissouma and Andone we don’t know about, but I would hope Andone is better than Hemed/Baldock.

So inevitably we can ‘sell’ the competition aspect, but the reality is different.

So, what your saying is we have almost certainly signed genuine competition for all lacking positions except CB, but we won't do it for CB!?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So, what your saying is we have almost certainly signed genuine competition for all lacking positions except CB, but we won't do it for CB!?

4th choice CB, why bother when we have players who can play in multiple positions?
Balogun and Bernado.

Goes back to my opinion, that Moore isn’t close to anything we already have (or had in Goldson’s case) ability wise, so why waste the money?

Improvement is normally gradual....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I disagree. I think so far every signing is a considerable improvement on who they’ve replaced in the squad bar the 4th choice CB which is yet to be filled.

I also think what we’ve done is reduce the average age of the squad and all replacements have come from the top division of the country they were playing in and have international pedigree.

Great point re average age.

However, they are not improvements on starting players, just last seasons cover, in terms of what they’ve replaced (possibly with the exception of Barnado. (Which is positive, but I still don’t see the need to spend excessively in one transfer window).

So as at Watford have we improved our starting 11?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I see Brentford have rejected a bid of £15m for Chris Mepham - no wonder we are holding out for big money :eek:
Crazy money for the quality of player. Neither are worth it so on that basis doubtful either will move anywhere this window

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
4th choice CB, why bother when we have players who can play in multiple positions?
Balogun and Bernado.

Goes back to my opinion, that Moore isn’t close to anything we already have (or had in Goldson’s case) ability wise, so why waste the money?

I cannot see Bernardo playing CB except in dire emergency as we are Prem and will sign a 4th, not 4th choice CB...

As you know, IMHO, Moore is an improvement on Goldson, but I admit I know too little about JOC or Burn to assess them... however, I put more faith in our Recruitment team to only bid for CB's who can genuinely compete with D, D &B than you obviously do..

IMHO improvement is not gradual this window! :) Not sure why you think CB would be any diff to wingers, for example?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Can’t see Liam Moore joining now although I wouldn’t be surprised if another PL club comes in for him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Balogun and Bernado.

We are playing in the Premier league not some mickey mouse league. Every team has a good 25 man squad. You need it. Playing people like Bruno or Bernado at CB is simply not the solution and you shouldn't start a season thinking like that.
I cannot get my head around people who think square peg in round hole mentality when you are awash with money in the hardest league.
It shouldn't happen and there isn't any need either unless you suffer an horrific injury crisis.
Another CB is needed SIMPLES

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I cannot see Bernardo playing CB except in dire emergency as we are Prem and will sign a 4th, not 4th choice CB...

As you know, IMHO, Moore is an improvement on Goldson, but I admit I know too little about JOC or Burn to assess them... however, I put more faith in our Recruitment team to only bid for CB's who can genuinely compete with D, D &B than you obviously do..

IMHO improvement is not gradual this window! :) Not sure why you think CB would be any diff to wingers, for example?

Greater cover at CB than out wide.

Still unclear regarding your faith on Moore, Leicester didn’t sell because he was good, plus decidedly ordinary when I’ve seen him.

Basically, nothing has changed re my opinion and we don’t agree [emoji2]

Whoever we sign, time will tell whether they are cover or true competition.

Incidentally, if we do sign Moore I hope he’s brilliant and is better than Dunk and Duffy....

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ultimately, whether we sign O'Connell, Moore or another - they probably won't be as good as Connor Goldson.

But they're going to be on the outside looking in, playing the Hünemeier role unless we get some injury problems so it's not an easy casting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here