Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rosenior Returns

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
So that Reading jerk effectively ended his career with an horrendous challenge that should have been a straight red. I loath Reading even more that I do palace - both horrible loathsome clubs but I think Reading have even less purpose in life

Yes I saw that horrendous tackle and was shocked as it was the worst I have ever seen. It only got a booking.

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
I think there's quite a lot of assumptions being made here.

I'm sure LR had plenty of offers, his career wasn't ended at Reading, he can end his career whenever he likes.

Chances are The Albion made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
He has a, now school aged, family to consider.
There isn't much more he can 'do' on the pitch, certainly not at the top end.

Just as we all want to be professional footballers, he may well be just as excited about the prospect of coaching and punditry, and can't wait any longer to get started.

This, he and his family are really settled in this area, so I'd imagine having to commute to a another club out if the area also factored in his decision.

Delighted he's remaing with us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Filling our club with the likes of Rosenoir and Zamora is a recipe for continued success at the top level. Well done BHA!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A sound decision by LR. Reading some great football autobio's recently, you realise that many players carry on too long, leaving them half crippled in every day life post-football.

An intelligent guy, I'm sure he'll make a success of this. His kids go a local school, so he won't need to move away.

p.s. For those concerned with positive discrimination / The Rooney Rule, not myself, the Albion are certainly doing their bit for diversity.

Last edited:

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Very happy Liam is staying. He is a fantastic ambassador for the club. It also speaks volumes about the club and city, that he wants to remain here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fantastic news.............remember the way he talked about his coaching aspirations in an interview a couple of years ago, along with his love of the club. Having him and Bobby around can only be positive for the youngsters - great role models.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think there's quite a lot of assumptions being made here.

I'm sure LR had plenty of offers, his career wasn't ended at Reading, he can end his career whenever he likes.

Chances are The Albion made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
He has a, now school aged, family to consider.
There isn't much more he can 'do' on the pitch, certainly not at the top end.

Just as we all want to be professional footballers, he may well be just as excited about the prospect of coaching and punditry, and can't wait any longer to get started.

Agree that as horrendous as that tackle was, it certainly didn't end his career, and choosing to hang up his boots at 34 isn't particularly early, not everyone is a Calde.

In any case if he decided to play on it would surely have only been for a couple more seasons or so, after that who knows what opportunities, if any would have come up for him? At least by taking this opportunity, he can continue doing a job he loves, with a club that he loves, for hopefully many years to come.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Really good news , there's a lot of pictures floating around of players old and new , some stick in my head more than others and this one is certainly locked away in the memory cabinet , top bloke and i wish him every success in his new role .

531282554-612x612.jpg

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Really good news , there's a lot of pictures floating around of players old and new , some stick in my head more than others and this one is certainly locked away in the memory cabinet , top bloke and i wish him every success in his new role .

View attachment 99282

I love this picture and have seen it countless times, but I have literally only just noticed hes covered in blood!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am delighted that he has decided to take his first steps in coaching with us, who knows where it could lead in 10 years time when CH has retired. I am surprised that he hasnt decided to be available as an over age player for the U23 if required or perhaps he has and just not mentioned it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This explains why Liam was with the Albion coaching contingent at the Charlton Athletic friendly given that there were an awful lot of the U23s on the bench for that match. Like everyone else I wish him all the best as he always seemed like a thoroughly decent bloke.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
So that Reading jerk effectively ended his career with an horrendous challenge that should have been a straight red. I loath Reading even more that I do palace - both horrible loathsome clubs but I think Reading have even less purpose in life

Yes, Kermorgant’s challengers was horrific, absolutely shameful. Reading are a nobody club with no siginificence, so they don’t bother me, but I must say seeing Steve Sidwell smash his elbow into the back of Kermorgant’s head in the reverse fixture as payback for Rosenior was one of the most satisfying and deserved things I’ve ever seen. All made better by the fact that we won 3-0 and the Reading fans (as per usual) were silent all game.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I love this picture and have seen it countless times, but I have literally only just noticed hes covered in blood!

Me too , though i think the most of these pictures just show his top half , it looks like he's been shot in the belly but just carried on in time honoured monty python's , tis but a scratch .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hopefully we'll have an era in which a heartfelt and erudite footballer - or should I say English footballer - is not such a rarity. For now, though, this little treasure of a chap remains a blessing amongst us, and I only wish those under his tutelage learn to mirror the person as well as the sportsman.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love Liam

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well said.

Slightly surprised he’s retiring, would have thought he had a couple of seasons left, but presumably wants a player/coaching style role, which is probably difficult to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You also have to factor in ''stability'' in a coaching capacity

If he goes somewhere else the managerial merry go round is such that he could have ended up going somewhere as a No 1 or a No2 and the manager and his assistant are sacked within a few months. There is a 3/4 year stability of Manager at Brighton as it currently stands. Plus he was already doing some coaching last year with us so it probably was an easy decision for him to make once he had been told we wouldn't be offering him a new ''playing contract''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here