Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:albion2:

GetImage.ashx.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hmm ................ a ten quid treble on Stoke, West Brom.and Swansea would be looking quite interesting now.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
What was their thinking behind believing Huddersfield were more likely to stay up? Because the won the title 90 years ago?

Don't you remember, Huddersfield did a brilliant job in the transfer window getting all their signings in early, so were in a much better place than us...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't you remember, Huddersfield did a brilliant job in the transfer window getting all their signings in early, so were in a much better place than us...

Were they?

'All' their signings was because they had virtually an entire squad to assemble. So they had to acquire a lot. It looked impressive (people are easily suckered by the quantity of signings), but has ultimately been... well, not as effective as us. I wouldn't call it 'brilliant', I'd call it 'necessary', bordering on 'urgent'.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Were they?

'All' their signings was because they had virtually an entire squad to assemble. So they had to acquire a lot. It looked impressive (people are easily suckered by the quantity of signings), but has ultimately been... well, not as effective as us. I wouldn't call it 'brilliant', I'd call it 'necessary', bordering on 'urgent'.

Apologies, I was being sarcastic. It's what a lot of people were saying at the time, and has since been proved to be absolute bollox

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It would be a very big achievement if the three promoted clubs managed to prove the “nailed on to go down” mentality of the bookies and Premier League pundits is just ignorance. Anyone remember Lineker managing to sum up the Leicester vs Brighton game without actually mentioning Brighton, or did I make that up? Pretty well all the pundits had us as relegation certs and most of them knew absolutely nothing about our players

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It would be a very big achievement if the three promoted clubs managed to prove the “nailed on to go down” mentality of the bookies and Premier League pundits is just ignorance. Anyone remember Lineker managing to sum up the Leicester vs Brighton game without actually mentioning Brighton, or did I make that up? Pretty well all the pundits had us as relegation certs and most of them knew absolutely nothing about our players

Rewind to 1973 (or every Sunday on ITV4); Yaphet Kotto as Dr. Kananga and Mr. Big - the main baddie - in 'Live & Let Die'. Remember how he died in that film - with a gas pellet shoved down his throat?

That look on his face just as the pellet exploded - exactly the same look Garth Crooks gave when he seriously informed everyone at the beginning of the season that Brighton were going down...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Before this season, the bookies had Newcastle as staying up.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Were they?

I think you deserve a WOOOSH for this reply :bigwave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here