Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do something that only 4% of UK people do.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When my kids were young, they caught chicken pox, as kids do. I didn't realise that I'd never had it, and 10 days later was extremely ill with it. A colleague at work told me to ring the Blood Transfusion people, as adults who have had 'childhood diseases' are needed for immuno deficient cases.
You can donate up to six months after the disease, which is when the antibodies are still active. I turned up at the centre, and it was announced that the 'Special One' had arrived! Apparently one pint of a 'special' donation with antibodies, can be used for up to twenty youngsters to protect them.

Marvellous !

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
After giving blood for the first time, many years ago, I remember how delighted I was to learn that I was B positive.:O

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
ps I was thinking of donating my brain, post mortem, to [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] . . . . . :whistle::lolol:
He'd spend 5 minutes trying to insert it into various orifices and then scurry around the internet for a cut and paste that links brain transplants to left wing tendencies or something.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It Would make fewer errors post mortis but I suggest you give it back to the hamster you took it from.

That also made me laugh. It must be Friday.

Regarding errors. . . . . 'mortem'. It is mortem. Mortis, if my ex-rodent brain serves me correctly, was a noughties 'Dark Metal' band from Norway on the 'Cold Meat Industry' lable. Perhaps you are a fan?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
That also made me laugh. It must be Friday.

Regarding errors. . . . . 'mortem'. It is mortem. Mortis, if my ex-rodent brain serves me correctly, was a noughties 'Dark Metal' band from Norway on the 'Cold Meat Industry' lable. Perhaps you are a fan?

Im not getting an argument over semantics of Latin, its a tense thing, Mortis is of death as in rigor Mortis, stiffness of death and Post Mortem is like saying Deaded, but langauge sticks in the wrong place like pedophile is affection for children wereas pedorast is lust for children. I am sure the hamsters scuttling up and down your poop shoot via a toilet roll holder would agree. A toilet roll holders name is a Derder apparently, do you wish to argue about that as well?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Im not getting an argument over semantics of Latin, its a tense thing, Mortis is of death as in rigor Mortis, stiffness of death and Post Mortem is like saying Deaded, but langauge sticks in the wrong place like pedophile is affection for children wereas pedorast is lust for children. I am sure the hamsters scuttling up and down your poop shoot via a toilet roll holder would agree. A toilet roll holders name is a Derder apparently, do you wish to argue about that as well?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here