• on the fence

Votes: 51 16.6%

• Total voters

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I do like it... but I've been wearing my old, blue collar, 'Skint' shirt for the last 2 seasons and we've done quite well since wearing it... I shall contemplate purchasing one.

:bhasign:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seen far too much moaning about little details in my opinion re: stripes / shoulders / back panel etc. All that matters is that its being worn by our players in the Premier League. If you dont like these new Nike designs, just wear the old retro shirts, & stop moaning surely? The club is never going to please everyone.

Quite.

Do some bespoke bits and pieces - yellow trim, pinstriped sleeves = "Waaaah waaah wahhh, busy, don't like it, why can't it be simple?"

Keep it simple = "Waaaah, waaah, waaah, shitty template kit out of a catalogue. Why won't they design us our own?"

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
No it looks like a patchwork quilt - 2 blue colours ? Also the stripes don't meet the collar and it should have stripes all over the back ! Not for me ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Needs a number on the back to look ok IMO.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
so the club seem to have nailed it then with between 75 and 80% of fans really liking the shirt and only 5% dont like it. Last years was more like 50/50

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The thread title says- So, do you like the new shirt.
The poll says- yes,I want.

I do like the new shirt but I'm not someone that buys a shirt when they come out, or wears football shirts to matches.
So yes I like it, but I don't want it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
so the club seem to have nailed it then with between 75 and 80% of fans really liking the shirt and only 5% dont like it. Last years was more like 50/50

Yep - seems that way.

I'm one of the 5% that doesn't like it, for all it's needless fussiness and lack of cohesion. Still - it won't detract from my enjoyment of next season one bit, so no problem.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I
It looks a bit odd. Blue and white stripes bib stuck on a t-shirt. I'm more interested in who's wearing it tbh.

I said the same on another thread. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Had it looked like this, but with American Express sponsorship, we would have had a modern CLASSIC on our hands...

DSC08427-650x650.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like it and am sure that it will sell well but not to me as I think there is nothing looking more ridiculous than a 40+ year old wearing a team shirt especially with a beer gut. I think the club should sell 4xL polo shirts for those supporters.

:wrong:

The correct vibe is exactly that - age at least 40, good old beer gut (or in my case, wine gut), and lashings of 'don't give a ****'. The thought of some slim, young, fit looking handsome dude in a BHA shirt makes me queasy. Especially if he's wearing super-hero tights that accentuate his muscular calves and thighs, and generous clutter region. Shadow boxing, and flicking his luxuriant hair . . . . no that's just wrong

:lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
80% approval, that's pretty good.

Interesting that it doesn't match with the comments on this thread which are mostly negative. I dare say most of the naysayers are off a demographic that isn't "down with the kids"!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Regarding the shirt, I'm glad its not an amazing classic (like a blue and white Croatia style shirt - something I have always coveted) in our first season back . . . . just in case. Step by step. Will I buy it? I have more than 30 of our shirts. Probably over 50. So it is a 'yes' for me - but it would have been, even if it had been nylon and highly flammable :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dont usually buy football shirts myself, but I like this effort for next season & may be tempted....looks good. Will be great seeing it lining up against the EPL big boys.
Seen far too much moaning about little details in my opinion re: stripes / shoulders / back panel etc. All that matters is that its being worn by our players in the Premier League. If you dont like these new Nike designs, just wear the old retro shirts, & stop moaning surely? The club is never going to please everyone.

People are asked the question, they answer it. Deal with it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's a blue and white striped sports kit for professional athletes. :shrug:

Not really. It is also a massive revenue stream for the clubs and the manufacturers and distributors.

Based on this poll, it seems to have achieved both goals - notwithstanding the fact that I still think it looks like something knocked up at ten to five on a Friday afternoon using bits found on the floor.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not really. It is also a massive revenue stream for the clubs and the manufacturers and distributors.

Based on this poll, it seems to have achieved both goals - notwithstanding the fact that I still think it looks like something knocked up at ten to five on a Friday afternoon using bits found on the floor.

I would use 'massive' in the context of Real Madrid or Barca, BHA shirts whatever their appearance will have limited appeal both nationally and globally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here