Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man with a van - Spain to UK

If you or with a mate can drive the van why not get a cheap easy jet flight to UK and hire a van then drive out and collect the stuff yourself. Or hire a van in Spain and then try for a return load when you take the van back.

I can hire a one way self drive van here but the nearest place is Malaga and that's five hours drive away in the opposite direction to UK. But to get there I'd need to go on public transport otherwise my car is stuck there and that would take pretty much the whole day. So that would mean a hotel overnight before starting the drive to UK, five or six hours further away than where I started.

ees complicated.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can hire a one way self drive van here but the nearest place is Malaga and that's five hours drive away in the opposite direction to UK. But to get there I'd need to go on public transport otherwise my car is stuck there and that would take pretty much the whole day. So that would mean a hotel overnight before starting the drive to UK, five or six hours further away than where I started.

ees complicated.

Thats a no go then

Bright Un

Dec 11, 2015
Know what you mean regarding the reviews. I was very close to a move to Spain myself a couple of years ago for work, which eventually didn't materialise in the end. We got to the stage of arranging transportation though and some of the reviews were horrendous. It was just about impossible to find one that didn't have horror stories about them all over the place.

Your best bet will maybe be checking out some Spain expat forums as they'll likely be full of people who have done it and can recommend a decent firm.

This one looks pretty active: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We used a company called Silver Fox of Moraira when we came back just over 5 years ago. Seem to remember it cost about 650 euros but they packed everything up really securely and would always recommend them.
They were terrific but maybe that's a bit of a distance away for you (between Alicante and Valencia).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here