Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is everyone drinking this Christmas eve?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Home-made cranberry gin that I bottled a couple of months back. Cracked it open for the first time earlier this evening, and I must say, I'm rather pleased with the result.

Slipping down far too easily. Tomorrow looks like a long round of Prosecco, champagne, wine & Bailey's. Possibly cider. Good times.

Merry Christmas, one & all.

That sounds good except the Prosecco tried it tonigfht first time ever what absolute hyped up rubbish must compete with the old Blue Nun of the 60s.sll down to sales gimmicks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A fine Premier Cru from a little known producer.

Aspall.

Suffolk.

I predict big things for these chaps.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Home-made cranberry gin that I bottled a couple of months back. Cracked it open for the first time earlier this evening, and I must say, I'm rather pleased with the result.

Asking in a non-sarcastic manner, does that involve buying gin, buying/picking cranberries, putting the latter into the former and then waiting a bit?

If so, which gin?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Asking in a non-sarcastic manner, does that involve buying gin, buying/picking cranberries, putting the latter into the former and then waiting a bit?

If so, which gin?

Like sloe gin, but with cranberries.........?

Painstakingly putting a pin-prick in each one before dropping them in, leave for several weeks to infuse, job's a good'un ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

If so, which gin?

Yeah. I wasn't going to make my own gin!

It was an experiment, so I just used some I found in the cupboard- didn't want to waste my best gin in case it went horribly wrong. Can't remember which bottle, probably something like Gordon's, I should imagine.

Exactly as you've said. Get cranberries. Prick a small hole in each. Bit of orange zest, sugar, gin. Stir. Sling in a sterilised jar or bottle. Shake every other day. Wait for Christmas. Consume.

Rather pleased with the result, as it goes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah. I wasn't going to make my own gin!

It was an experiment, so I just used some I found in the cupboard- didn't want to waste my best gin in case it went horribly wrong. Can't remember which bottle, probably something like Gordon's, I should imagine.

Exactly as you've said. Get cranberries. Prick a small hole in each. Bit of orange zest, sugar, gin. Stir. Sling in a sterilised jar or bottle. Shake every other day. Wait for Christmas. Consume.

Rather pleased with the result, as it goes.

Share!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had a few drinkies earlier at a party just opened a fine Arbilla Roja, perhaps our new signing in a few days time

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My house probably does Eve better than the 'Day', so here ya go.....started with a nice little white burgundy, couple of beers here and there, next up my Xmas treat of Lauren Perrier rose, dinner with a Château Neuf du Pape, a few Kraken and cokes spread about from here on, late cheese and biscuits with a St. Emillion, and now chilling out with a quality Chablis.

Life actually does get a little easier as you get older :thumbsup:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Started with a couple of Stellas and then graduated to a Bordeaux. Saving the port for tomorrow.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
just finished a bottle of Jim Bean , now started on Morrisons apple and cinnamon moonshine , might not see tomorrow, over and out.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My house probably does Eve better than the 'Day', so here ya go.....started with a nice little white burgundy, couple of beers here and there, next up my Xmas treat of Lauren Perrier rose, dinner with a Château Neuf du Pape, a few Kraken and cokes spread about from here on, late cheese and biscuits with a St. Emillion, and now chilling out with a quality Chablis.

Life actually does get a little easier as you get older :thumbsup:

coke doesnt bring the best out of Kraken its too heavy

try a pint glass,plenty of ice.......about 5 shots of kraken,4 or 5 shots of quality lime cordial(roses) or according to taste and top with soda water.......hey presto party in your mouth caribbean style.

works well with all dark rums,i am a pirate and know these things

ps if i dont wake up tomorrow cancel recommendation

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
had to be down the beach early this morning so limited intake yesterday.....this afternoons libations will be the complete opposite with gordon , johnny ,grey goose cocktails poolside couple of bottles of brokenwood ssb to accompany lunch , mcguigans shareholder cab sav and shiraz with a bottle the bruce shiraz (top drop) lurking......the piece de resistanse shall be a bottle of 92 diemersdale shiraz , i'm not sure what the missus has got to drink....i'll ask , tomorrow will be a write off.......unless charlie turns up in which case 27 will be......:mad::mad::mad::mad::sick:.........:wozza:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Had a bottle of red last night (Piccini Memoro). Now on my first mug of tea of the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here