Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Drowning under GDPR emails

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There was nothing wrong with the Y2K panic ..... some of us were very productive :wink: Only New Year I've ever been on call but boy was the x5 time worth it !

I received £100 payment for being on call, but of course, nothing happened.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've spent hours today putting the final touches to our business GDPR stuff and this has involved reading pages and pages of guidance.

It is reassuring, therefore, to know that Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes couldn't be arsed to read the historic 35-page Good Friday Agreement between the UK, NI and Eire, not even in the knowledge that it was the 20th Anniversary of the signing of it 3 months into her watch.

One rule for us, one rule for MPs.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Uselesss ****wits.

Just gone to the ICO website....it is down for "website maintenance". Of all days. Bloody morons.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Revenue Commissioners here sent me one about their statistics mailing list and managed to CC: the entire list in the process. Causing a reportable data breach...

Was wondering who would be the last company to get around to sending one and it was CrossCountry sending one at 4am. I *think* the last time I used a CrossCountry train was in 2009 so I'm surprised they still had me on any lists.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Uselesss ****wits.

Just gone to the ICO website....it is down for "website maintenance". Of all days. Bloody morons.

probably the holding page for when its overloaded. might be a bit busy.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've spent hours today putting the final touches to our business GDPR stuff and this has involved reading pages and pages of guidance.

It is reassuring, therefore, to know that Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes couldn't be arsed to read the historic 35-page Good Friday Agreement between the UK, NI and Eire, not even in the knowledge that it was the 20th Anniversary of the signing of it 3 months into her watch.

One rule for us, one rule for MPs.

Good point. Employed by the public, paid twice as much as most, subsidised meals, bar and can claim expenses just for breathing, but doesn't know anything about the most important part of her job.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
5ab4c9226e275ee2ec91b81a85134440.gif

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Starting to see a real difference now in my daily inbox. Volume of marketing emails has dropped dramatically. I'm almost feeling a bit unloved...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here