Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Could you change my 5k SB to 22:40 and my AG to 71.99% when you get a chance? You already did it last week I think, but this version seems to have reverted to a previous set of data.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies failed to get latest table from pages of BM stuff. Will mark calendar in future.
2/3 bottle of red and 9 hours sleep for me.
26177 will be strolling around in blue. Enjoy the day everyone.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good luck everyone, more important to enjoy it than hit a time.

Hopefully see some of you in the park.

Brunswick afterwards anyone?

Let’s go - a long, long way #together.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Woke up early, feeling nervous- don’t think I’ve felt like this since starting my university finals (in 1977!). Porridge, blueberries and strong tea, to calm things down.

Good luck to all NSC runners.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
27508 just finished my granola and going to wash it down with a couple of coffees before I head out. Hope to see most at Preston park but good luck to everyone running, have fun.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Big bowl of muesli and a coffee to kick start the digestive system for me!

Good luck, hope everyone achieves their goals.

Very strong espressos with honey and the coconut fat secret fuel.
We need your number. I can't get it through the app. The crowds want to scream you on.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
North side of the cafe meeting point. 9ish. I want to smell the fear. Probably not on second thoughts.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
My number is 60043, hoping to be on the 4h 20 train and back in the hutch before its too wet and windy!! Good luck to all runners.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Last home first to post. Expected difficultes but didn't expect coming just under 4:30 and hurting after 16 miles. Never mind 7 completed now. Swimming and gentle cycling for 2 weeks this decrepit body needs some R&R.

How did the rest of you do?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Last home first to post. Expected difficultes but didn't expect coming just under 4:30 and hurting after 16 miles. Never mind 7 completed now. Swimming and gentle cycling for 2 weeks this decrepit body needs some R&R.

well done. I watched for an hour from around 11am at Carats café and if it's any consolation all but the first few had pained expressions on their faces and about 4 of the first 50 had stopped to walk for a bit at that point. Was expecting a group of Africans to be leading, not a pasty Welshman and a silver fox!!

Last edited:

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012

I’ve been watching your splits on the app. I was willing you on. Hoping you would get in under 4:30.
You sped up for the last split, so you must have managed the race well.
Well done.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Finished in 3:01:55 which I'm delighted with. Was on for sub 3 but my splits got progressively slower after mile 20. Struggling with calf cramps from mile 21 and keeled over at the finish line. Feel surprisingly fresh now though.

Got home and had an ice bath, now onto meal number 2 comprising a chicken wrap.

Dilemma of running London now or running Brighton again. I would like to do London as an experience but my family love the day out in Brighton.

How long until Brighton sells out normally? I hope to dwell on it for a week until London is over.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I’ve been watching your splits on the app. I was willing you on. Hoping you would get in under 4:30.
You sped up for the last split, so you must have managed the race well.
Well done.

Cheers. No I didn't manage it well. Needed more recovery from the marathon 4 weeks ago. I'm not like these hard men runners. Going from 800m to 1500m is a big step up for me. I could speed up as it's different muscles and fast twitch but I couldn't maintain it even for the run in. Did stop 6 times. Wee in bush at Marina,, top of my road and Mrs K, listened to @ Big Nuts morning run from start to finish :smile:, went into the health food shop to see my mates and look longingly at the Neptune Pub, couple of neighbours including a big sweaty hug at the Bandstand. I've retired from Brighton but the crowd gave incredible support yet again.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Finished in 3:01:55 which I'm delighted with. Was on for sub 3 but my splits got progressively slower after mile 20. Struggling with calf cramps from mile 21 and keeled over at the finish line. Feel surprisingly fresh now though.

Got home and had an ice bath, now onto meal number 2 comprising a chicken wrap.

Dilemma of running London now or running Brighton again. I would like to do London as an experience but my family love the day out in Brighton.

How long until Brighton sells out normally? I hope to dwell on it for a week until London is over.

That's an astonishing time. :clap2:

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Cheers. No I didn't manage it well. Needed more recovery from the marathon 4 weeks ago. I'm not like these hard men runners. Going from 800m to 1500m is a big step up for me. I could speed up as it's different muscles and fast twitch but I couldn't maintain it even for the run in. Did stop 6 times. Wee in bush at Marina,, top of my road and Mrs K, listened to @ Big Nuts morning run from start to finish :smile:, went into the health food shop to see my mates and look longingly at the Neptune Pub, couple of neighbours including a big sweaty hug at the Bandstand. I've retired from Brighton but the crowd gave incredible support yet again.

I thought you did well, as it was looking tight at the 40k split, but you picked it up by over a minute a kilometre until the finish.
Are you gonna concentrate on the short stuff now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here