Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1806.jpg

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Anyone watching the old firm derby? Great game and one I’ve always wanted to attend!

Our Jamie plays a big part in Rangers second there :albion2:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Fair enough. So is the quality of football good?

I just get quite annoyed each time they mention joining out league. I've got my protest gear on permanent standby.

Yes some good football and there both mixing it up, and I agree we don't need or want them in the Premier League.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Fair enough. So is the quality of football good?

I just get quite annoyed each time they mention joining out league. I've got my protest gear on permanent standby.

I think at their current levels - Celtic would be in that bottom 7/8 in the PL fighting for survival and Rangers probably top half Championship maybe fighting for a playoff spot..

With the extra money sloshing about down here though, who knows.. never gonna happen though and never should it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we played Celtic at Parkhead 10 times, we'd lose 8 of them, draw once and nick a narrow win the other time. They would be no better or worse in the Premier League than we are, with far greater scope to develop. They wouldn't be out of place in the Premier League and Rangers are closing the gap to them on the evidence of this game.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't realise the huge financial gap between the clubs:

Celtic squad cost £40m
Rangers £12m

Celtic payroll cost £52m
Rangers £18m

Between the 1st and 2nd club, that's got to be the largest relative difference in any top flight. A joke of a league. I can French Ligue 1 going the same way.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Both looked like championship teams to me, rangers bottom half, Celtic top half. Crossing was shocking.

Rangers mid Championship at best. Ref was truly shocking, second half he made 5 incorrect decisions on the trot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here