Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Sky have just shown that Benteke tweeted that he played for Burnley now. Obviously not the sharpest.

Schoolboy error , it's chrystal palace :)

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I for one, am so pleased he left LFC. He will score goals but the fact that LFC will recoup all of the fee at the end of the season is a massive plus.
A big signing for a small club. Let's see how long he lasts.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I for one, am so pleased he left LFC. He will score goals but the fact that LFC will recoup all of the fee at the end of the season is a massive plus.
A big signing for a small club. Let's see how long he lasts.
If he scores goals it is a massive plus . With the new sky deal £30 m is last years £20 m so maybe you ( sorry ) Liverpool may have lost out . He is a player who has lost confidence but if he regains that he will be a top player for us .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpeg
I KNOW. I am WETTING myself.

Against modern football eh?

Spanking millions on a couple of recent failures.

No wonder you creamed and decided to post here.

Child.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
With the new sky deal £30 m is last years £20 m.

You could translate this into Latin and adopt it as a club motto.

Last season's obscene TV money allowed Premier League clubs to start finishing seasons in the black, but the untrammelled competition has forced the price inflation to ramp up and the money will be spent on wages, transfers and agent fees. What could possibly go wrong? Its not as if three of them each year will be relegated off the gravy train.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You could translate this into Latin and adopt it as a club motto.

Last season's obscene TV money allowed Premier League clubs to start finishing seasons in the black, but the untrammelled competition has forced the price inflation to ramp up and the money will be spent on wages, transfers and agent fees. What could possibly go wrong? Its not as if three of them each year will be relegated off the gravy train.
It's the same for every team . If you don't spend you drop and that's the nature of the beast . I'm not comfortable with the amounts of money being handed out but it's what you have to do . Look at you , you run a tight ship but at championship level you will lose money and that's a fact . Only teams with the parachute payments have a decent war chest but that can dwindle away if they don't go up at first attempt . Let's be honest here most fans don't look at the finances but what's on the pitch .

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Good signing for Palace (unfortunately) I'd have thought. Another level up from the Chamakh/Adebayor disasters of recent seasons.

Still, let's hope Pardew alienates him quickly like he alienates everyone else.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Course you're jealous. Your all try to make out your not with some witty comments...but you are.

94 posts alone in this thread for you and rather than going on your own forum to discuss his move with like-minded people you're still here seeking some sort of validation.

"Tell me you're jealous...tell me. Tell me. I need to hear it. Tell me. It's important to me."

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I actually thought it was a good signing, but heard Harry Redknapp saying it was good business, with all his knowledge and skills in the transfer market, not so sure know ,Time will tell, but think you need to get a new manager first as he is not the man to take you forward as most of your fans know. Anyone can buy players, but it is how the management handle them and build a team, Pardews record is very poor at most clubs and he falls out with players etc, although I hear he is popular with himself and some players wives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here