Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton can prove doubters wrong, says Dale Stephens as promotion beckons for Brighton

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'll be so pleased when we are mathematically promoted if only to stop the bell cheeses who shit themselves about our far superior goal difference and whether or not Huddersfield can match it, worrying about it.
I think its being sarcastic. The title is the goal now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think its being sarcastic. The title is the goal now.

Couldn't give a stuff about the title, going up is all I care about right now. When we have won the right to be in the Prem then we can look at the title without actually giving a toss :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They got it wrong. They said:
"their superior goal difference means automatic promotion will effectively be guaranteed if Huddersfield fail at least to match their result"
it should be:
"their superior goal difference means automatic promotion will effectively be guaranteed if Huddersfield match their result"

Why is that as what they are saying is true if they do not get as many points as us we are virtually up especially if we win and they draw. so they have to at least match our result if not better it.
No, if they do not get as many points as us, we are up - not virtually, but even mathematically. We are virtually up even if they match our points. As Stato says:

Our promotion would be effectively guaranteed if Huddersfield match our result and actually guaranteed if they can't. Only gaining points on us tomorrow keeps Huddersfield's chance of beating our points total alive.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
In the history of football show me one team that has lost a +31 goal difference in 4 games? I would guess it's never happened in a promotion race. That said we can morally party today if we win, leagally party at Norwich & then Party our hearts out against Bristol City when we are Champions.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
In the history of football show me one team that has lost a +31 goal difference in 4 games? I would guess it's never happened in a promotion race. That said we can morally party today if we win, leagally party at Norwich & then Party our hearts out against Bristol City when we are Champions.

Three parties and then a carnival - sounds great.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he is dropping hints by doing that interview. His agent must have arranged the interview. Why else would it be him being interviewed about Chris and not the club captain

I hope that you are correct and next week we may make 2 signings Dale Stephens and David Stockdale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here