Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris wood

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's not even really an opinion though is it? You're just factually wrong on this one. By this logic, no strikers in the Championship are good enough for the championship, as they've all scored less than him!

I stated I don't rate him. I checked with myself, that that is how I felt and I agreed. So no, it's not factually inaccurate. One thing about the English language, is it can be twisted and interpreted any way you want it. I have an opinion, it differs from most other people, I'm not afraid to receive vituperation for that opinion.
If I had said I am of the opinion there is a lot of mind numbingly obnoxious fukwits on the board today, that could have been a fact as well as an opinion and by that logic, every message board of championship clubs would be over run with these sheeple:)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I stated I don't rate him. I checked with myself, that that is how I felt and I agreed. So no, it's not factually inaccurate. One thing about the English language, is it can be twisted and interpreted any way you want it. I have an opinion, it differs from most other people, I'm not afraid to receive vituperation for that opinion.
If I had said I am of the opinion there is a lot of mind numbingly obnoxious fukwits on the board today, that could have been a fact as well as an opinion and by that logic, every message board of championship clubs would be over run with these sheeple:)

You said you see him as just a good league one player.

He is the top scorer in the Championship.

That is above league one.

Your comment made literally no sense.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We had him as ayoungster and he showed then a lot of the potential that he is now realising. I think he will have a good career at premiership level provided he doesn't get injured. He's more than a one trick pony - power, pace, hold up, on the ground and in the air - he seems to have the lot. That said, he seems to suit the Leeds bullish style and whether or not he can reproduce this sort of form in a more technical side may be open to question.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I referring to you saying he's League One standard. He is FACTUALLY not, unless you think 25 goals in the Championship is still not good enough to even compete?!?!

Come on mate.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Leeds were so poor yesterday because they've built their entire team and gameplan around getting balls into the box for him to head in and they struggled to do so against decent full backs. It's worked to an extent this season, but they are very one dimensional.

He wouldn't be as effective in any other team. No from me.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ok, ok......I'll type slower I d o n ' t r a t e h i m

I THINK that this player being discussed is punching well above his weight and is of a league one standard. Even though he has scored plenty this season in the championship, I FEEL his style of play is more akin to league one. My OPINION is that he would not sustain this form if he was to play in the premier league.
I don't rate him. But....it doesn't matter what I think, it's up to his employers. They pay his wages.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This thread is gold. The top Championship scorer is at best a league one player, Leeds lost at Newcastle because they have built their style around the player and struggled against good full backs. Reminds me a little of the Hughton thread that got bounced a day or so ago, or the Akpom one. The world is "richer" for different views, no matter their quality

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, ok......I'll type slower
I don't think it matters how slow you type, you're still going to type shit. Maybe if you could slow it down to one character a week you're crap won't get noticed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't think it matters how slow you type, you're still going to type shit. Maybe if you could slow it down to one character a week you're crap won't get noticed.

That made me chuckle

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Hard to know how good he may be in the PL but he's not the quickest which is a negative.
Certainly a good finisher. You'd think Leeds will get a whole host of offers during the summer.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Wow, does your mummy know you're on the computer?
I'll let the 'typing shit' comment go as I can't honestly be fussed with this trolling lark

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder what it would take to persuade Leeds to part with him as long as they don't go up? I can't see an extortionate fee as he's never done it above our current level. I wonder if they would take something like 10 mil plus kll? or another of our good but fringe players
Personally I hope we make him our number 1 target as I think with our wingers he will get a few in the next division too
Wouldn't mind having him back here (wouldn't have minded if we'd kept him either) - but a priority on our shopping list? No I don't think so. And £10 million? - no, not for that either.
Not a great fan of bringing players back for a second stint, in spite of the successes with Zamora, Murray and Sidwell - but where does it end? Bridcutt? Revell? Lynch? The Coca-Cola Kid?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Calm down! Calm down! We are all Brighton fans having the best season in more than 3 decades.

Football is all about different opinions. That's why we sold Dean Saunders and brought in Richard Tiltman.

Now WTF was that all about?!?!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hard to know how good he may be in the PL but he's not the quickest which is a negative.
Certainly a good finisher. You'd think Leeds will get a whole host of offers during the summer.

Lots on here said Ulloa was to slow for the Prem

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This thread is gold. The top Championship scorer is at best a league one player, Leeds lost at Newcastle because they have built their style around the player and struggled against good full backs. Reminds me a little of the Hughton thread that got bounced a day or so ago, or the Akpom one. The world is "richer" for different views, no matter their quality

I don't get your point in reference to my post? Their whole gameplan is totally built around Wood, hence why he is scoring so many goals.. he didn't get the service for 94 minutes yesterday, hence they struggled. I didn't say he was a 'League One player' or say he was shit or anything similar, just that I don't think he would do as well in a team that doesn't adapt their style to suit him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ok, ok......I'll type slower I d o n ' t r a t e h i m

I THINK that this player being discussed is punching well above his weight and is of a league one standard. Even though he has scored plenty this season in the championship, I FEEL his style of play is more akin to league one. My OPINION is that he would not sustain this form if he was to play in the premier league.
I don't rate him. But....it doesn't matter what I think, it's up to his employers. They pay his wages.

To be honest, at the start of the season I might have agreed with you to a certain extent.

However, to be fair, he has proved he can do it at this level (leading scorer etc), whether he could successfully make the step up is very debatable for me.

My rationale, is the whole space behind the back four thing. In the championship you undoubtedly get more space and also defenders that fall asleep, see Newcastle last night. That happens less in the prem and I'm not sure he is fast enough either mentally or physically to react....... We'll see if Leeds go up or if he signs for another team which is equally possible.

Does anyone know if he played for Leicester in the PL?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here