Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the story Fikayo Tomori II?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm referring to the general reviews of his performances on NSC so far. No one has yet suggested we're better starting with him instead of Bruno (if Bruno's fit). If you've been saying he's better than Bruno, please post a link to your posts.

It was just a mistake, I've no problem with that, although he didn't perform as well after the mistake. But there's a big difference between thinking he's done more than OK and thinking he should start ahead of the rest of our team.

Where's there any reference to Bruno? You said he won't be considered in Prem because he isn't good enough for Championship and that's is the view of NSC. I don't' agree,.He might not be good enough but a couple of sub performances hardly warrants this conclusion. I agree Bruno is first choice if only because he is tried and tested, but that doesn't mean that Tomori isn't Championship standard.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Tomori is very good. He is young, and has bags of potential. He had an unfortunate start at Lincoln. He impressed on Friday, and by all accounts is highly thought of by many who probably know a lot more about football than most of us do. IF we get promotion, we should try to sign him up permanently, if Chelsea don't want him back, which they probably will if he continues to impress here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought he was rubbish because of his own goal in a meaningless cup match?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
one good game does not make a good player.... but what I have seen so far would indicate we might have good a a better than average player... let's see how things pan out

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wait and see. I agree that he could be a good footballer, but IF we're promoted (big if) we want someone good enough for the PL, not someone who we think isn't good enough to start in the Championship (which is what we currently think).

I have a feeling this loan was all about getting a look at him at close quarters with a view to a Permanent move if he turns out to be good enough for the PL in the future

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Wait and see. I agree that he could be a good footballer, but IF we're promoted (big if) we want someone good enough for the PL, not someone who we think isn't good enough to start in the Championship (which is what we currently think).

I think he is :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where's there any reference to Bruno? You said he won't be considered in Prem because he isn't good enough for Championship and that's is the view of NSC.
I said that he's not thought to be good enough to start (for us) in the Championship - ie, he'd need to be better than Bruno or someone else to start. Where would you play him, and whom would you drop? I also didn't say he wouldn't be considered, I just expressed my opinion that he'd need to show more for us in the next 10 games for me to think he's a good option in the PL at this stage of his career.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think he's been decent, yet unspectacular. But I wouldn't say he's been someone we should be looking to make a priority this summer if we go up. Put simply, he's not an upgrade on what we currently have.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I said that he's not thought to be good enough to start (for us) in the Championship - ie, he'd need to be better than Bruno or someone else to start. Where would you play him, and whom would you drop? I also didn't say he wouldn't be considered, I just expressed my opinion that he'd need to show more for us in the next 10 games for me to think he's a good option in the PL at this stage of his career.

You wrote this: "I agree that he could be a good footballer, but IF we're promoted (big if) we want someone good enough for the PL, not someone who we think isn't good enough to start in the Championship (which is what we currently think)". I challenged that you were supposedly speaking for the whole of NSC in your bracketed comments and that IMO did not reflect other comments, and my view in particular. I think he is probably good enough to play in Championship, and that's good because we don't want our 2nd choice RB who might have to start if Bruno is injured not to be good enough. You are deflecting the point talking about where to play him. We need good Championship players to be back up in all positions. Can't you just accept that perhaps saying your view is that of NSC is a tad OTT. End of my point.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You wrote this: "I agree that he could be a good footballer, but IF we're promoted (big if) we want someone good enough for the PL, not someone who we think isn't good enough to start in the Championship (which is what we currently think)".
I know what I wrote.

I challenged that you were supposedly speaking for the whole of NSC in your bracketed comments and that IMO did not reflect other comments, and my view in particular.
I know, you said "Do we? Speak for yourself." to which I replied "I'm referring to the general reviews of his performances on NSC so far." Which is correct, so I'm not sure what you're going on about.

I think he is probably good enough to play in Championship
And on that basis you want us to have him if we're in the Premier League?
and that's good because we don't want our 2nd choice RB who might have to start if Bruno is injured not to be good enough.
You're talking about being good enough for the Championship, if we're in the Premier League.

You are deflecting the point talking about where to play him.
No I'm not, I assumed he'd be chosen as a right back which is where Bruno plays, so I said that he wouldn't be chosen ahead of Bruno at the moment, so if he's not good enough to be our first choice in the Championship then I'd like better if we're in the Premier League. You then ask where there was any reference to Bruno - I chose Bruno as he's our first choice right back, but I opened the option of another position if that's where you see him.

We need good Championship players to be back up in all positions.
Is he a good Championship player?
Can't you just accept that perhaps saying your view is that of NSC is a tad OTT.
I'd accept that if it was true, but I don't think it is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We shall have to wait and see who becomes available or released by the top clubs who may not be good enough for a team challenging for top 4 spot but perfectly adequate for every other team in the division for this and other positions.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He is only a young lad who has hardly played adult football. No one knows how good he is including himself. It takes months or years to judge how good some players are,Ashley Barnes for one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here