Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This.

Hunemeier (£1.7m), Murphy (£1.5m), Hemed (£1m) & Goldson (£600k) brings our spending to nearly £5m this summer in transfer fees alone. That's not even counting their salaries, or the salaries/signing on fees of Maenpaa, Bong, Rosenior and Zamora (none of whom come cheap I'd imagine), or the contract extensions for Dunk, Bruno & Calde.

Even with CMS, McCourt, Hughes, Agustien & all the loanees off our books - you have to assume this is our biggest ever wage bill and most expensive transfer window to date.

This would surely blow out of the water and crush into the dust any lingering, misguided allegations of penny pinching on the club's part.

Barber confirmed that this year's playing budget was its biggest in the history of the club earlier this month at the forum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough - didn't read the whole thread.
One hell of a punt for our club on a lad with potential but lacking experience. Be surprised but delighted if it came off

Me old man said very much the same. And obviously you're right. To commit that sort of money, we must be pretty confident. Fingers crossed.

I'd imagine the club already has more than half an eye on his next transfer fee.

It's not good but t'is the nature of the beast.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is crazy money! We all wanted and needed money to be spent on the squad, but this seems a large amount on one player. Surely if we had this amount burning a hole back in May, we could have spent the summer spending it around the side for a handful of good players?

It's certainly interesting though!

Who says players were available to be purchased in May, who says this player hasn't been on the shopping list since May but only now has the negotiations been at the finalising stage - one thngs for sure we have not wasted the first 5-6 games like last season, we are joint top of the table with a side which is still not complete.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A combination of pesos and nectar points with a bit of e-cash..?

And a couple of hundred of the smaller, uninhabited Falkland Islands, that should seal it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey Stats, we haven't signed him yet, and you're already shipping him out
It's not that, as well you know!!

Just that the club isn't in a position to speculatively wee-wee millions up against the wall, without thinking it can cover all the bases.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Sorry if I'm repeating what a million people have said already (I expect I am - apologies for not checking thread) but what still truly amazes me is that the club did not cash in on Dunk. All of the figures quoted above represent some pretty serious spending for a second tier team, and the fact we have turned down what I consider to be very substantial bids for one of our bigger assets points to a level of ambition that many have rightly questioned. It is really great to once again look forward to checking transfer news/fixtures, and it also feels good to have a level-headed leader in Hughton. BHAFC mojo definitely returning for me.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Sorry if I'm repeating what a million people have said already (I expect I am - apologies for not checking thread) but what still truly amazes me is that the club did not cash in on Dunk. All of the figures quoted above represent some pretty serious spending for a second tier team, and the fact we have turned down what I consider to be very substantial bids for one of our bigger assets points to a level of ambition that many have rightly questioned. It is really great to once again look forward to checking transfer news/fixtures, and it also feels good to have a level-headed leader in Hughton. BHAFC mojo definitely returning for me.

This.

Perhaps TB has the vastly increased TV revenues that kick in for the PL next year firmly in mind? If there's ANY year to go up, it's this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

'All' Dunk has to do is repeat last seasons form and he'll be playing in the Premier League next season.
One way or the other the Albion will receive considerably more than £5m.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Typical NSC response from a player none of us have heard of.

Personally, no thanks. Unproven Championship players who've never played in Europe are not what we need.

Would much rather we spent the money on someone like Vydra or Hooper
You are not a romantic type are you? Just because we haven't heard of him doesn't mean he's dreadful. Had you heard of Ulloa? Embrace these giddy times,smile and enjoy. It's all good!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This.

Perhaps TB has the vastly increased TV revenues that kick in for the PL next year firmly in mind? If there's ANY year to go up, it's this one.

This is exactly my take on it - It must be because of this...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He's probably also decided FFP is a waste of time.

I think there's almost certainly a degree of truth in this too.

I'd imagine he wanted to wait to see what the first few 'punishments' would be like. Now he's seen that they were pretty paltry, he's probably feeling more comfortable loosening the purse strings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here