Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood (BHA fans) on Soccer AM

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They're excellent, more so when you consider it's just two guys making that sound.

I've not had a chance to listen to the album yet

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One great thing that's been happening is that because it's known that Ben is a Brighton fan, it's become a thing for RB fans to chant "Seagulls" at gigs. Genuinely, was at a gig of theirs in London the other day and as they walked on they were serenaded by it. Great stuff.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
One great thing that's been happening is that because it's known that Ben is a Brighton fan, it's become a thing for RB fans to chant "Seagulls" at gigs. Genuinely, was at a gig of theirs in London the other day and as they walked on they were serenaded by it. Great stuff.

So next question is, IF they carry on this meteoric rise, could they one day play the Amex, what with the local and Albion (similar to FBS) connections?

Saw them at Corn Exchange on the Friday night of this year's Great Escape. Different class!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Awful claim to fame; we share a lot of mutual friends who went to Worthing College and saw both of them out and about at house parties et al. Never bothered befriending them as I thought they were pretentious 'I'm going to be a successful rockstar one day' types. I was right, but in the wrong way. I actually saw Mike working at a guitar shop at Worthing arcades no less than 18 months and remember feeling a bit sorry for him.

Now he's about to go on tour supporting Pixies, my favourite band :nono:

For the record, I also think they're great.

Who would have thought that a band consisting of worthing and rustington residents are supporting The Pixies.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Hey there are quite a few 'rock stars' from Worthing, including Keith Emerson (ELP), Billy Idol, The Herd. My son loves Royal Blood and even this old rocker thinks they are good.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Saw their Glasto set (only on telly though) and fell in love with them instantly - had 'Little Monster' in my head all summer. Got the album yesterday, it's a belter.

Even better knowing there's an Albion connection.

Jan 21, 2012
I saw them when they were supporting the Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park earlier this year. They really are very good and i am off to buy their album on my way home from work tonight punk:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Saturday morning, from 10am, Sky 1/Sky Sports 1. That is all.

My younger brother is good mates with both Ben and Mike (Royal Blood) Ben the drummer was the drummer in my brothers band before royal blood and he was on his stag do recently.

Ben was in the WSL up towards the south end in first couple of seasons in Amex, not sure where his seat is now, he's def an Albion fan, not sure Mike goes that often? but he's a worthing lad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'd never heard of them, but I really liked the track listed above (vaguely reminiscent of the Arctic Monkeys to me). I'll have to see if I can buy an 8-track of their album...

last year, the arctic monkeys drummer Matt Helders wore a royal blood t-shirt on stage at Glastonbury 2013, before they even took off,

p01c2g76.jpg

this year Royal blood played the John peel stage at Glastonbury 2014 and Ben wore a Matt Helders T-shirt!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My younger brother is good mates with both Ben and Mike (Royal Blood) Ben the drummer was the drummer in my brothers band before royal blood and he was on his stag do recently.

Ben was in the WSL up towards the south end in first couple of seasons in Amex, not sure where his seat is now, he's def an Albion fan, not sure Mike goes that often? but he's a worthing lad.

I feel like I must know your younger brother, as I've been in numerous bands with Ben and a couple with Mike.

Ben sits next to me in WSU. Mike will definitely never go to the Amex unless they're playing it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bet you are gutted you couldn't persuade them to make RB a 3 piece then!

Hah - It's a big group of friends from which 6/7 bands came and went, this one just clicked perfectly.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I feel like I must know your younger brother, as I've been in numerous bands with Ben and a couple with Mike.

Ben sits next to me in WSU. Mike will definitely never go to the Amex unless they're playing it.

brother is Tom L (formerly of Tom&Olly) Ben drummed with them for a couple of years, studio and on tour gigs etc after they were signed, they both kind of know Martin Smith formerly of Delerious. Did you play in the covers band ben was in?? they did Toms wedding and they were fantastic.

Very happy for Ben and Mike, nice guys and original sound, Benji is far far to good a drummer not to make it. I met Mike last year, when Tom borrowed a guitar off him from the shop in worthing to play at my nans funeral, got stitched up in Australia and glad things turned around for him

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
brother is Tom L (formerly of Tom&Olly) Ben drummed with them for a couple of years, studio and on tour gigs etc after they were signed, they both kind of know Martin Smith formerly of Delerious. Did you play in the covers band ben was in?? they did Toms wedding and they were fantastic.

Very happy for Ben and Mike, nice guys and original sound, Benji is far far to good a drummer not to make it. I met Mike last year, when Tom borrowed a guitar off him from the shop in worthing to play at my nans funeral, got stitched up in Australia and glad things turned around for him

Ah nice - yeah I know Tom, great lad. I played in the function band but didn't play that wedding, we had a rotating squad.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Just seen that one of Rizzle Kicks is on it as well.

A heavy Brighton bias on the sofa this week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here