Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool v Citeh

Do not understand the animosity towards Liverpool. They are a fantastic advert for the Premier League at the moment and do actually play a good amount of young, british players and have taken a gamble on a young manager of the same fold. Clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have totally bought success whereas this Liverpool team, whilst top money has been spent, have been moulded and balanced by Rodgers. You look at the comparative squads and Liverpool have nowhere near the strength in depth. Most importantly It would be fantastic for them to finish top in memory of those who died at Hillsborough.

I am also cheering on Everton to make fourth place. Another brilliant manager and hardly any money spent plus, they play again with plenty of British talent. Would be brilliant to break up the monotony of the top flight with United out of it and Arsenal continuously run into the ground by an old women posing as the former pioneering coach, Arsene Wenger.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Er, no, he wasn't. Best you read up on it.....

I've lost count of the number of players who eventually re-sign for a club then claim they never ever wanted to actually leave.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The handful of noisy miseries on NSC going through hell with the resurgence of Liverpool, are ManU or Chelsea plastics (with an interest in the Albion too). The bitterness seeps through ... Liverpool have never had bad-blood with the Albion, unless the 6-1 made them enemies for life!

Personally, I like the Rodgers brand of football (the same when he was at Swansea), the amount of and quality of goals has been a breath of fresh air, and it's great that the top of the PL has other teams competing rather than the usual suspects with existing CL and benefactor $.

Perhaps that style of play will work its way to the Championship.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've lost count of the number of players who eventually re-sign for a club then claim they never ever wanted to actually leave.

The difference being that Gerrard had not been offered a new contract. Once the mix up was sorted out..he signed. Do you really think that LFC offered as much as Chelsea in the contract......of course not. He signed the contract (when it was finally offered) because he never wanted to leave.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Can't understand all this Liverpool loafing. It would be great for the premier league if they can see it through despite the incomparable wealth of City and Chelsea. Then there's the romantic element too. Gerard, won it all at club level, with the exception of the one he really craves. The one he probably never thought he'd see now.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Would love to see Liverpool win the Premier League. Rodgers has been superb - no histrionics, just gets on with managing the players and letting the team do the talking on the pitch. He's worked miracles with Suarez. Last summer, there was no inkling that this season would be as good as it has been, yet Rodgers managed to persuade him to stay and he's been magnificent. As for the fans, if we could generate a tenth of the atmosphere the Anfield fans create, it would be fantastic.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Would love to see Liverpool win the Premier League. Rodgers has been superb - no histrionics, just gets on with managing the players and letting the team do the talking on the pitch. He's worked miracles with Suarez. Last summer, there was no inkling that this season would be as good as it has been, yet Rodgers managed to persuade him to stay and he's been magnificent. As for the fans, if we could generate a tenth of the atmosphere the Anfield fans create, it would be fantastic.

I agree. He seems to be the real deal.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Er, no, he wasn't. Best you read up on it.....

from memory and not reading up on it, I recall this being around when Liverpool won the Champions League and they asked him if he was leaving when he was on the pitch. He said to the watching world "How can I leave now?"

My recollection does not fit into his version at all then.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Wise words there. Mind you, if Chelsea beat them in a week, the title will be ridiculously tight - possibly one point separating three clubs with two to play. :ohmy:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] explanation has given me a real chuckle. Because Liverpool were sorting out the finer details of Djimi Traore's contract they simply forgot about their best player and talisman. It was only after Doris the secretary noticed Gerrards end date was the following season they all sprang into action.

You couldn't even argue that was a plausible turn of events at Dagenham and Redbridge let alone one of the top 6 clubs in the country. It's up there with 'I don't know how I am pregnant Joseph, it's a miracle'

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It would be marvelous scenes if that Wayne kerr Mourhino ends up blowing both competitions his team are still involved in. If Liverpool don't win the title I hope it isn't because Chelsea did because that is one scummy club that I hate to see win anything. Plastic Mancs MK2 are preferred over Chelsea for me and I hate everything Citeh stand for but they do at least play football that is good to watch.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If Liverpool win then i think it will be good for football. Will show you don t need to spend farst amounts of money like the other two clubs have. They play much better football than Chelsea as well who at times are like watching paint dry. They have good young English players as well and a young bright manager who has a way of playing and has made it work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here