She's absolute bullshitting, "we've put record amounts of money into the NHS "
Oh yeah what about all the cuts

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Boom! 3 minutes in and she mentioned strong and stable!

As I said: absolutely no self awareness at all. If people are taking the piss about you using a phrase repeatedly and robotically, stop using it.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
As I said: absolutely no self awareness at all. If people are taking the piss about you using a phrase repeatedly and robotically, stop using it.

Just another example of how out of touch and ignorant this women is compared to the average person she is supposed to represent.

D

Deleted member 22389

Royal Sussex County what's that new building going up. Mum, brother, wife have been treated really well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brexit isn't helping with the staffing shortages and costs though. I've lost count over the last few years how many care homes in the Hastings & Bexhill area have closed and despite that, I know there's increased vacancies for care workers and qualified staff since last June. Someone I know who works in recruitment locally hasn't ever seen as many vacancies as this before. Qualified RGN recruitment in The NHS from The EU has gone from 1000 a month to 100 a month since the vote, it's the same in the care home sector with both RGN and care assistants now. With the tier surcharges for non-EU workers going up, I don't know what the answer is because there isn't the money available in care home and NHS budgets to increase salaries.
The care sector has always had problems, Essentially, we don't want to pay any more than we have to for social care if we need it (and of course, we all hope it won't happen to us) and consequently wages are very low, often resulting in a heavy reliance on care-workers coming from abroad - EU and non-EU alike. And to be honest, apart from the low wages, working in social care doesn't appeal to a great many Brits. I'm retired now, and don't need to look for work, but I freely admit that during my working life, caring for old people, quite possibly incontinent old people, would have been something I'd only have considered out of desperation, as a last resort.
But leaving that aside, you tell me that recruiting from overseas has become more difficult than ever. I quite accept that may be the case - some workers will have believed that post-Brexit they would be rounded up and shipped off home and will have left under their own steam rather than wait. That fear will undoubtedly have deterred others from coming. Project Fear did that - not Brexit.
The other thing that may well deter others from coming or staying is the Project Fear propaganda that if we voted to leave, that would mean that Britain would have been taken over by racists. I can well imagine the prospect of being treated like Jews were in Germany is off-putting too, for those who were fooled into believing Project Fear.
So rather than Brexit being to blame, it is the extreme wing of the remain campaign, Project Fear, that is the root cause.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

She says this about Education too. It is a really poor representation of the truth because it should be seen as spend vs GDP, as that percentage gives you a far greater understanding of what actually is going in. Yeah, of course more is going into the NHS, it's more expensive, so you would expect year on year spending to be greater. She does think, and perhaps she is right, that most voters don't see through this BS.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Never gone Blue in my life.

This time, Blue is the colour. Sort this wretched Brexit out properly, also consider the Red or Yellow alternatives :facepalm:

Best of a very iffy bunch.

Out of interest, what have May and her cabinet done over the last 10 months to convince you they are capable of sorting Brexit out?

All of these u-turns and negative statements coming back from European leaders would indicate she and her cabinet are extremely incapable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Royal Sussex County what's that new building going up. Mum, brother, wife have been treated really well.
Redevelopment, hardly an extra needed hospital

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
seems to me that more housing stock will come on to the market, and therefore generation rent will become home owners. are you suggesting this policy has an unintended consequence of solving housing problems? good job too, as neither party have bothered with practical policy in this area.

More housing stock on the market ? are you suggesting that NHS and private social care providers will "slacken off " in their efforts to keep people alive ? I would think that people will still be dying at the same rate and due to the costs of care there will be no knock off bargains when it comes to sales as it is in the government's and inheritors interests to get as much from the sale as ever. Or,are you predicting that we have an epidemic of some sorts ? Only then, with a shortage of purchasers will prices ever drop.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Out of interest, what have May and her cabinet done over the last 10 months to convince you they are capable of sorting Brexit out?

All of these u-turns and negative statements coming back from European leaders would indicate she and her cabinet are extremely incapable.

Not a lot to be honest. However, the alternatives of either a mish mash of differing views trying to get their 50ps worth in or even someone like Corbyn bowing down to the Euro fatcats does not fill me with too much confidence either.

I fear some still hang on to the possibility of staying in, even Corbyn has said he wouldn't have another vote.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
If she's doing this badly with Andrew Neil, imagine what is going to happen with Paxman next week. I actually think she might die during the interview.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Car crash, robotic stuff from Theresa May. Completely unable to provide any clarity or logical answers to simple questions. Her main tactic is just thinly veiled attacks on Jeremy Corbyn.

You can see why she has only been allowing certain questions from carefully selected press and won't go on any of the national debates.

The media told me Corbyn was the incompetent one. As far as I can tell, it's Theresa May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here