Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wasn't there

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mentioned before, but as this is a dedicated thread to it......
Missed all of the following because away with work.
79 Newcastle away, promotion to Div 1.
83 Cup Final...& replay (I was at the semi at Highbury)
91 Play Off Final
97 Hereford
2004 Cardiff Play Off Final
Of course, most recently, promotion to the PL.

Pretty unlucky really; need to earn a crust though.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Hereford away: Wifey, very fed up with the whole situation, told me to go as far away as possible until the situation was resolved. I caught a flight to Chicago. That did the trick.

Jul 7, 2003
Missed the playoff final at Cardiff. I did both legs of the semi-final but we were flying out on holiday the following day and I couldn't afford yet another expensive awayday at the time.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
1st December 1990. Oldham away. Arrived at 5 past 3 so missed us going 1 down. Saw the other 5 we let in though. God we were sh1t!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Peterboro 0 Brighton 4 I was at the previous match, the Charlton 4 nil away with my two lads (Calderon's first ever goal for us too) but couldn't make the Posh game because I was working in Crimea. By all accounts, that was THE game that defined the Poyet era and even better than the Charlton match.

Also the last game of the season where we stayed up by beating Stockport and Russell Slade wrote himself into the Albion legends. This was a deliberate decision by me. I'd sat through so much dross all season alongside [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11670]Hove Seagull[/MENTION] in the Family Stands and was thoroughly fed up. I got an invite from a Reading supporting mate to join him and his mates to watch Reading away at QPR (was a 0-0 draw) and inexplicably Brighton won. I figured it was all down to my absence so I boycotted all the home games from thereon in and gave my tickets to [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] and Hiney jnr. As it turned out, my decision was instrumental in us staying up with a remarkable run culminating in that fateful day but Slade gets all the plaudits and my role has been written out of history.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cup final. Was living in Canada as an impoverished student.

Newcastle promotion match. My dad went. Not sure what my excuse was (taking my finals, no money, that probably explains it).

Hereford.

Most of our division 1 games. Working, then living in Canada.

FFS I am a Bad Fan. But ..... hang on, I was at Halifax at home in the mist in 71; the 'what now' promotion game (87), the abandoned match vs York, Fans United 1, Fans United 2 (at Gillingham), Plymouth away (promotion), Cheaterfraud away (**** you!), nearly all our 'home' games at Pissfilled, and every home game ever at the Amex (apart from 2 - working). so........

cartman.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I missed the Newcastle game in 79 as I had an assignation with a young lady. I was gutted to miss the celebrations and even more gutted when said young lady stood me up.

Missed the 83 replay as I couldn't afford it - the final was costly enough, I was a student then

Missed Wilkins' free-kick in 87 - was a godfather at a christening

Missed Hereford in 97 - was best man at wedding

Missed Villa - not enough loyalty points

I'm not surprised, you part timer :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I missed the game against Doncaster at the amex due to a wedding, gutting!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
When I was 9 my 16 year old brother promised to wake me up to watch the world cup semi final between Italy and West Germany, live from mexico. Unfortunately he was baby sitting me with his rather buxom new girfriend. So I missed the greatest ever wc semi :(

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Missed Newcastle away as didn't do away in those days, made up for that since. Missed Notts County due to a holiday can't remember one thing about where the holiday was, now live too far to go regularly so will miss all the upcoming delights.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Peterboro 0 Brighton 4 I was at the previous match, the Charlton 4 nil away with my two lads (Calderon's first ever goal for us too) but couldn't make the Posh game because I was working in Crimea. By all accounts, that was THE game that defined the Poyet era and even better than the Charlton match.

My memory may be playing tricks Buzzer, but I thought Calde scored in the 2-1 away win at Charlton in the previous season - an evening game it was. Unfortunately going against the title of this thread, I was there.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was at Hereford, I did the Gillingham commute and Withdean was like a second home BUT, I lived overseas in the early noughties and missed the whole of the League 1 Champions season and I missed two home games this season - Norwich and Wigan :tantrum:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here