Bong ONE YEAR
Maenpaa TWO YEARS
Ankers GOING
COG ! GOING

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Interesting that all we've heard so far is development players going. Suggests they are having a clear out and only keeping players they really think might make it over the next few years. However, Hambo's injury record means it was unlikely he'd be kept on and Ward hardly set the world alight at Lincoln judging by the number of games he played.

The Dev Squad lets players go all the time. Its not unusual at all. Hambo is now 22 so unless he's first team material was never likely to stay with the u23s any longer. Joe Ward is 22 in the summer so likewise.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale GOING
Sidwell ONE YEAR
Bong ONE YEAR
Maenpaa TWO YEARS
Ankers GOING
COG ! GOING

Those look fairly plausible.

This is what I'd PREFER:

Stockdale TWO Years, AND get in genuine competition.
Sidwell SORRY Steve. Thanks, but well, you know. If Fulham don't make it through the play offs, go and get them up next year.
Bong SORRY Gaeten. Thanks but, nah.
Maenpaa TWO Years if Stockdale goes, Thanks for your efforts, otherwise.
Ankers U23 keeper coach.
COG ! GONE

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would expect Casper to stay as coach to the youth and perhaps sign as a player as back up to Sanchez in the U23s but not the first XI.

I would sooner give Sidwell another year rather than a mercanary like Gareth Barry.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Stockdale GOING
Sidwell ONE YEAR
Bong ONE YEAR
Maenpaa TWO YEARS
Ankers GOING
COG ! GOING

Agree with Stockers, Sidwell and COG.

Bong i recon we could see the back of, Maenpaa was tough to get him to sign this year - wants first team football. Ankers will stay but not within the 25 man squad, seems highly rated as a coach for youth development.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
All of the out of contract players can leave as far as I am concerned. Not up to the standard in the Premier League.

Maenpaa may be the exception as a backup if he's happy with that role.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Would expect Casper to stay as coach to the youth and perhaps sign as a player as back up to Sanchez in the U23s but not the first XI.

I would sooner give Sidwell another year rather than a mercanary like Gareth Barry.

Mercenary seems a strange word to use for Barry. He's only had three clubs in a 20 year career and has played over 750 first team games for them. In what world is that a mercenary?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Mercenary seems a strange word to use for Barry. He's only had three clubs in a 20 year career and has played over 750 first team games for them. In what world is that a mercenary?
In a world where David Stockdale is a better goalkeeper than Iker Casillas, as BG claimed earlier.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

That's a bizarre statement. Why is Barry a mercenary? He would be a great signing.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The toughest call is about Sidwell.

After Stephens has signed we need 2 more in midfield. Is one Sidwell ? Or alternatively, if Sidwell is given a new deal does that mean Norwood fails 2 make the squad ?

5 midfielders :

New signing 1
New signing 2 / Sidwell
Stephens
Kayal
Sidwell / Norwood

Tough call for CH.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Those look fairly plausible.

This is what I'd PREFER:

Stockdale TWO Years, AND get in genuine competition.
Sidwell SORRY Steve. Thanks, but well, you know. If Fulham don't make it through the play offs, go and get them up next year.
Bong SORRY Gaeten. Thanks but, nah.
Maenpaa TWO Years if Stockdale goes, Thanks for your efforts, otherwise.
Ankers U23 keeper coach.
COG ! GONE

Really? He was immense at Villa!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sidwell will stay. And too right - had a great year.
Won't be on that much and is a wise head with lots of backchat to refs.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I dont think so as he is 2 years older, not much better than Sidwell as either will surely be in as cover, and he will go to the team that offers him most.

Ugh. We don't need rapacious, money-grubbing, mercenary players at our club! Volunteers only I say. :)

x

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sidwell will stay. And too right - had a great year.
Won't be on that much and is a wise head with lots of backchat to refs.

He made a packet back when he was playing for Chelsea, out of contract. The man is minted, and his motivation these days will include a generous proportion of Quest for Glory, and the Thrill of it All.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here