Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Right Back
Left Winger
Central Midfielder
Striker
Chuba Akpom (Jokes)

I don't want us to get mental, would love to see the squad we have be given a chance.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Right Back
Left Winger
Central Midfielder
Striker
Chuba Akpom (Jokes)

I don't want us to get mental, would love to see the squad we have be given a chance.

This is about accurate imo. We aren't going to be signing 8 or 10 players.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think that too, but we're not going to replace 12 players in one window. Unless say a Championship club comes in with a good offer for him, he's likely to stay. If Barnes, Vokes (once laughed at by us) and S.Cook can do a PL job, perhaps Hemed can as a back up.

I agree, I'm not saying get rid but it'd be wrong to describe him as part of the spine of the team (I'd hope!)

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
I believe that the Preston game away exposed frailties in Bruno's make up that can only be compounded by being another year older.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
PL widemen may well destroy Bruno, unfortunately, so a RB is needed.

Top flight quality strikers are required.

Bruno is/has been fantastic for us and I hope that he will stay in whatever capacity, BUT he is not getting any younger and he is not going to be up to speed in the PL though more than good enough for back up .

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
New contracts will be agreed and possibly 3 new players coming in.
Enough for consolidation in the first season, a little top up with a couple more players for the second season and then more players in for a title challenge in the third, as by then at least half the existing squad will have been replaced by higher standard players.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
My feeling is 4 permanent, 2 loan on the assumption that Stephens and Stockdale stay. Loans from Man City or Chelsea, a couple of top championship players and a couple from overseas. There will probably be a few surprises with players you expect to make the step up failing and a couple surprising everyone. Hemed and Baldock could be outstanding? I think playing less games will suit some even though the standard will be much higher.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I make it a £75m additional player budget for season one on wages and first instalments on transfer fees. TB, PB and CH are sensibly playing down expectations on signings. But I hope we use that money to sign or bring in on loan:

CB (4 needed in total until Goldson has fully recovered)
RB
LW
Midfield powerhouse
No.10 with pace and goals
Pacey striker
Target man

If Stephens or Stockdale leave, they'll need replacing too.

Well, there goes all the Sky money then.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is about accurate imo. We aren't going to be signing 8 or 10 players.

Hope not!
That would most likely break up the team spirit which has been such an important part of the last couple of seasons.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well, there goes all the Sky money then.

Does anyone on here know how much we will get?

I thought I saw Bournemouth turnover was £89 million for year ending June 2016. Yet they say the play off final is worth £170 million?

Big difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here