Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy: broken metatarsal, out for at least 6 weeks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This from the man who started the We're On Our Way thread. Bozza, we depend on you to keep the chin up.
Back for the Bristol game where we need only a draw.

Gallows humour.

I'd still rather be where we are, even without the rock Shane Duffy, than where Huddersfield and Leeds are.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How many times are we going to say we were unlucky for failing to get promoted rather than admit we were underprepared.

Come on deletebeep.....you can either throw in the towel and sulk or use this misfortune to spur you on and to say to hell with it we are just going to pull together and get promoted ...thats what i will be hoping the team do ...so chin up!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This from the man who started the We're On Our Way thread. Bozza, we depend on you to keep the chin up.
Back for the Bristol game where we need only a draw.

If Duffy has the injury mentioned I doubt he will be back this season. 6 to 8 weeks out minimum and then 2 to 3 weeks to get up to speed? It's not worth the risk is it. Let BG have his time (not BensGrandad Grandad) and let him play out the season. Duffy big loss but hoping he will be back to save our season is a bit defeatist when we have a pretty good replacement.

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
We managed an unbeaten run at the end of last season and had a pretty solid run in ... now remind me was Duffy with us?! He will be a miss as he's been a key player but to wet the bed over the injury is not needed. 6 points ahead of third and I have a feeling that gap will increase come Tuesday evening!
We're still on our way ��

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We managed an unbeaten run at the end of last season and had a pretty solid run in ... now remind me was Duffy with us?! He will be a miss as he's been a key player but to wet the bed over the injury is not needed. 6 points ahead of third and I have a feeling that gap will increase come Tuesday evening!
We're still on our way ��
That's the spirit! Same for me until things change point wise!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One thing: Dunk better keep his bloody mouth shut for the rest of the season.

Saturday was another yellow for dissent wasn't it? Ridiculous.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I think we can work around the loss of Duffy (although that does depend on Dunk continuing to be sensible too), but it is beginning to look like the club were very complacent around January time. for instance, why was Goldson's problem only picked up a day or so AFTER the close of the transfer window? I have no idea what Goldson's problem is, but i would imagine it did not just arise on the morning of his health check. Wouldn't it have been wise to carry out all the healthchecks before the closing of the transfer window? Yes, hindsight is wonderful, but this is just basic resource planning. I honestly think internal complacency is our biggest problem - hence Forest, hence the idiocy of playing 'We're on our Way' before the Newcastle match. If we don't go up - IF - it will be entirely the club's own doing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Should have signed a more dependable defender than Tomori who has looked ropy at best and is now a guaranteed starter.

No he isn't?!

Bruno
Dunk
Uwe
Rosenior

Rosenior
Bruno
Dunk
Poc

Numerous ways we can play without starting Tomori.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton will be without Shane Duffy for tomorrow night’s game against Rotherham United at the AESSEAL New York Stadium.

The defender is expected to be out for a minimum of six weeks after suffering an ankle fracture in the 3-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest. The 25-year-old will undergo surgery on his ankle and will hope to return before the end of the season.

Chuba Akpom is a doubt for Albion’s game against Rotherham United tomorrow evening, as the striker recovers from a slight knee injury.

Gataen Bong and Sebastien Pocognoli remain sidelined through injury, while Niki Maenpaa completed 90 minutes for the under-23s last Friday and is available for selection again.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/?matchid=3926621&tcmuri=3154894

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Moments like this you can tell which NSCers you'd want in the trenches with you and which would be sticking underpants on their heads and saying "Wibble".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Small crumbs, but at least one week is moot due to the International break (no pun intended).

The way we've looked recently, I think a few of the players could do with a short break. Murray, Stephens, Sidwell all look lethargic to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And when Dunk gets his inevitable 3 match ban? We were too complacent around January, too much back slapping going on.

Are you able to point us to your posts from January which highlight these dangers?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And when Dunk gets his inevitable 3 match ban? We were too complacent around January, too much back slapping going on.

And when, and when, and when. Keep changing the argument until it suits you.

You're right, we should've predicted Connor Goldson's heart scare, and Shane's ankle fracture/metatarsal injury. I'm sure if you were physio this wouldn't have happened.

Some are really losing their heads at the moment. Let's just remember that

Bruno
Uwe
Dunk
Rosenior

is a VERY good back 4.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So the club is saying ankle fracture? That's not a metatarsal is it? I'm confused.

Rotherham preview on website has him fracturing an ankle, club have tweeted he's broken his metatarsal. Clearly it's worse than first feared and he's broken both*.

*I suspect the preview on the website is incorrect and we will sorted shortly confirming it's his metatarsal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here