Pigeon eating catfish. Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pigeon eating catfish. Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loved Attenborough's commentary on it....can't remember exactly what he said but it was along the lines of 'the city-dwelling pigeon is having to evolve to be wary of the threat of......(slight pause for dramatic/comedic effect).....a fish'

Mind you, anglers regularly catch 200lb+ catfish in Southern Europe.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Back in Ethiopia in January and off to Harar to feed the #hyenas. Done it a couple of years back and found it a totally unnerving experience, me and mrs shingle fed them with meat from a stick about 100 yards outside the city walls, lucky to have an 'rip off' rickshaw for the return journey, didn't fancy the short walk back to town.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I must say that even after watching Attenborough documentaries for nigh on 40 years, for me this series eclipses any other because the guy has been there, seen it and done it for so long that you think that he can't come up with anything new, exciting and more importantly, educational. How bloody wrong can you be? There were so many highlights from this series for me but last night, the Leopards in Mumbai was just as interesting as the Racer snakes. A city of 20 million, only 200 attacks on humans over 25 years and those night vision images seemed unreal. I first thought that they were CGI but realised they were stunningly real, using the latest camera technology. Man, I bloody love Attenborough.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
License is worth every penny when the BEEB pumps out this stuff. year after year increasingly better each time when you think it has already got to brilliant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loved the "how they filmed it" bit at the end. What a fascinating job

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Back in Ethiopia in January and off to Harar to feed the #hyenas. Done it a couple of years back and found it a totally unnerving experience, me and mrs shingle fed them with meat from a stick about 100 yards outside the city walls, lucky to have an 'rip off' rickshaw for the return journey, didn't fancy the short walk back to town.

Looking forwards to seeing a photo or two of yours of this, on the Photography thread.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Looking forwards to seeing a photo or two of yours of this, on the Photography thread.

Here's one of mine from last trip.

tourist-feeding-the-hyenas-harar-ethiopia-D333CC.jpeg

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I must say that even after watching Attenborough documentaries for nigh on 40 years, for me this series eclipses any other because the guy has been there, seen it and done it for so long that you think that he can't come up with anything new, exciting and more importantly, educational. How bloody wrong can you be? There were so many highlights from this series for me but last night, the Leopards in Mumbai was just as interesting as the Racer snakes. A city of 20 million, only 200 attacks on humans over 25 years and those night vision images seemed unreal. I first thought that they were CGI but realised they were stunningly real, using the latest camera technology. Man, I bloody love Attenborough.

but.. is it him these days? isnt he just wheeled out as the frontman / voiceover man? to be fair, the chap deserves to take it easy.. he is a legend...... a new breed are in town and are equally as good, but no one will ever top that voice....love it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Loved Attenborough's commentary on it....can't remember exactly what he said but it was along the lines of 'the city-dwelling pigeon is having to evolve to be wary of the threat of......(slight pause for dramatic/comedic effect).....a fish'

Mind you, anglers regularly catch 200lb+ catfish in Southern Europe.

I could deal with a big fish. A pigeon hunting one though. It's the end of days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here