Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Update on Proposed Hotel Development by TCSL at Falmer

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Brighton Aloft.....not sure about that name. Am sure the creative department of NSC could have done a lot better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton Aloft.....not sure about that name. Am sure the creative department of NSC could have done a lot better.

Not quite sure that Doug Loft has done anything of note to warrant having a hotel named after him, unless you count the time he came on for the last 20 minutes of the dismal 5-1 drubbing by Stoke at Withdean, scored with a daisy-cutter and promptly got awarded MoM.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the iPro is like a giant advertising hoarding, it's plastered with adverts even has 2 video screens on the outside. Now all of this counts towards FFP. So if Mel Morris (our Chairman) decides to say here you are DCFC, here's my share of Candy Crush, we'd be laughing right? I suspect not, but I don't know where the line is drawn.....
I would think that any money from an owner that's paid for advertising would have to be done at market value. ie, he can't spend £5m on the adverts when no other company would pay more than £1m. Otherwise all clubs could do it, you don't need a giant iPro advert, chairmen could just pay £5m for a small sign.

Dec 29, 2011
I wondered that the other day - You may have seen, but the iPro is like a giant advertising hoarding, it's plastered with adverts even has 2 video screens on the outside. Now all of this counts towards FFP. So if Mel Morris (our Chairman) decides to say here you are DCFC, here's my share of Candy Crush, we'd be laughing right? I suspect not, but I don't know where the line is drawn.....
There isn't actually a solid line I don't think. A panel reviews excessive income from adverts, remember when City wanted to bypass FFP by getting 500m over 10 years for calling their stadium the Etihad, despite being owned by the same people? I think that was blocked or didn't count towards FFP or something

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I would think that any money from an owner that's paid for advertising would have to be done at market value. ie, he can't spend £5m on the adverts when no other company would pay more than £1m. Otherwise all clubs could do it, you don't need a giant iPro advert, chairmen could just pay £5m for a small sign.

Didn't make my point very well, I get the advert bit, but let's say DCFC, or BHAFC, have shares gifted to them a software developer, obv there is an implication of that gift, but can the revenues they would gain from that count toward FFP?

In a sense, like Bloom paid for your stadium, but Brighton benefit against FFP from the non football related revenues that the stadium brings.

It's obviously very complicated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"It would also look to tap into the market of parents visiting the city’s universities and passing businessmen and women looking for somewhere to stay on the A27."

Ooo-err.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
let's say DCFC, or BHAFC, have shares gifted to them a software developer, obv there is an implication of that gift, but can the revenues they would gain from that count toward FFP?
Well it could apply to any club, so obviously it wouldn't make sense to allow it, but we're talking about FFP and the football governing bodies, so anything's possible.
In a sense, like Bloom paid for your stadium, but Brighton benefit against FFP from the non football related revenues that the stadium brings.
Yep, I don't think the non football revenues of a gifted stadium should be allowed, other than to offset the fair costs of running the stadium - ie, the stadium costs more to run due to the fact it has non footballing elements.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can you offer £300.000 for my mid terrace in Higher Bevendean-----10 minutes from doorstep to Dicks :drink:
Unless the fecking buses are late:moo:
Is that per night? Do we get breakfast?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here