Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Marvellous 1901 Food Thread: Fulham Formal Dining Special

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
As an 'amuse bouche' to the main thread, there are also some oddities of late on the 'Casual Dining Options'. For a few games running no veggie pie was listed when the menu was sent out, though they were always there on the day. Only one pie was listed followed by TBA and TBA(V). This was also how they appeared on the menu at the ground. Couldn't make it up.

This Friday all pies were listed but we were told that the veggie dish of the day was

Penne Puttanesca (V) £12.50
Baked penne pasta with tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers and chilli Served with garlic baguette slices

Spot the deliberate mistake! The offending fish had been removed by the day itself.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£60, jesus we went Burgers and Cocktails post match - starters, very good burgers with chips additional, milk shake and a bottle of red was only £67 including service

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wow, overpriced poncy titled food washed down with a pint of stale dishwater. More money than sense some people, no offence OP im sure this was a corporate deal?!?

and I hope they might be spending some of the massive profit on decent players

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow, overpriced poncy titled food washed down with a pint of stale dishwater. More money than sense some people, no offence OP im sure this was a corporate deal?!?

Hopefully anybody who was daft enough to pay for that meagre three course pile of overpriced shit was smart enough to be able to write it off for tax purposes against 'entertaining clients'. Else you'd want your head examining frankly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even more news is that Chip Basket is about to reopen in Portland Rd opposite the Westbourne pub, obviously the no compete clause is finished now

Wow. I just need Harry's to reopen and I will consider moving back.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Does that £60 include drink? When I've been taken to the 1901 the meal has always come with unlimited drink. When I asked those who paid they said they simply pay X amount on top of the meal price. If I remember correctly, the total per head for the meal and unlimited drink was about £60.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Does that £60 include drink? When I've been taken to the 1901 the meal has always come with unlimited drink. When I asked those who paid they said they simply pay X amount on top of the meal price. If I remember correctly, the total per head for the meal and unlimited drink was about £60.

Drinks you have to buy separately and are on top of the food bill

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh well, another defeat, but to lighten your Sunday morning mood take a peak, and a guess, at the fancy food the 1901ers stuffed themselves with yesterday. 3 courses, 3 lots of guessing and your thoughts on the price please. First up the starter

Do you mean peek?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As an 'amuse bouche' to the main thread, there are also some oddities of late on the 'Casual Dining Options'. For a few games running no veggie pie was listed when the menu was sent out, though they were always there on the day. Only one pie was listed followed by TBA and TBA(V). This was also how they appeared on the menu at the ground. Couldn't make it up.

This Friday all pies were listed but we were told that the veggie dish of the day was

Penne Puttanesca (V) £12.50
Baked penne pasta with tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers and chilli Served with garlic baguette slices

Spot the deliberate mistake! The offending fish had been removed by the day itself.

It ain't a Prostitutes Pasta without anchovies, disgraceful labelling

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not when I went. Unlimited drink was part of the package.

It's £60 for the Formal Dining which is just the three courses you see in this thread; drinks are extra. The VIP option is the same three courses, plus unlimited house wine/beer. This latter deal is around 100. You get a few extra little frills with the VIP deal as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This latter deal is around 100. You get a few extra little frills with the VIP deal as well.

What such frills ?

Being fully-fleeced as opposed to half-fleeced ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What such frills ?

Being fully-fleeced as opposed to half-fleeced ?

:smile: Pretty much. It's a few bread sticks on your table when you arrive and some cake at the end, I think.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As an aside I'd like to see Meades Ball do some menu writing.

That would be spectacular, he recenty described the ambition to cook " Lightly braised Testicles served in a Terrapin shell " I believe or along those lines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here